CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Appleman9000

Very awkward situation

Guest Appleman9000

So yea... this is very awkward... Me and my girlfriend have been dating for about a year now, and long story short, my dad, who is divorced, and her mom, who is divorced have hooked up. Long story long, when I started dating my GF her mom and my dad met each other and within a few minutes where laughing and telling stories, etc. etc.

Anyways, after about 5-6 months of us dating, we notice that they seem to hang out together almost as much as we do... both of us think its kind of weird, but it just becomes normal after a bit, until now.

I caught my dad smooching her mom a couple of weeks ago... I was like WTF! I told my GF and she was appauled and we decided to spy on them for a bit whenever we where around them, and once we started watching them closely it was all to obvious that they had hooked up and tried to hid it from us!

Anyways, we are trying to come up with a better way to confront them then just: "Hey, i saw you guys making out, what gives."

Do you guys here have any ideas... I mean, sure it would be cool if my dad got married again, but not to my GF's mom... and vice versa...

Just ask them.

If you don't find it too impersonal... you could ask in an email - just because it would give them some time to think before responding.

Yeah it's awkward - but it happens. btdt.

~ May

P.s. you might get more responses around here if you actually join up the site.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. That's weird.blink.gif

Well ask them then I guess, it seems apparent what your response is going to be. Just ask your dad about it, I'm sure he understands that to some degree, this IS pretty akward and probably would try to hide it from you. So I'd say to ask him about it, not in an angry way though, if you can help it, I'm sure that's going to be pretty difficult to manage, or it would be for me at least.

Yup, good luck with that one.

Guest Appleman9000

Yea, maybe when my dad is on FB I could message him... it does seem kind of impersonal but it could work...

Ah, i just had a though to prevent him from denying it. Its sneaky as hell, but maybe I should try and get a picture of them... smooching...

Also, I used to have an account here a while back... I just don't remember my login name or password... prolly just gonna make a new one...

And why is it exactly that you NEED to confront him/them?

Or even ask?

Is it kind of like they should be asking you/questioning you about your relationship? Or would you find that personal and intrusive?

And are THEY spying on you? Doubt it.

Does their relationship even effect you?

Give them the space you would want them to give you.

It sounds like they like each other. Good for them.

"Leave them alone

and they'll come home

wagging their tails behind them." ! ;)

Edited by Steve@3AM

Yep. This is none of your business.

They are adults, they are both divorced, and if they want to have a friendship/affair/long-term relationship, it's their decision. It has nothing to do with you and your girlfriend.

If you want to behave like an adult, you can ask in a nice way how their relationship is going. But if your father chooses not to answer, or doesn't want to discuss it, that's his privilege.

And what is this silly stuff about you "caught" them smooching?? Give me a break. They are adults. Butt out and go kiss your own girlfriend.

olga

I disagree that it's none of his business. Ummm, his girfriend may become his step-sister, that's fucking weird. And scary. And weird. And just, ahhhhhh.

If his father marries her mother, it just means that their parents have gotten married. They are still not blood relations. With all the divorce and step-families in our society, stuff like this happens all the time.

My brother is just a few years older than my stepdaughters. He dated one of my stepdaughters for a while, but they ended up parting company. If he had married her, does my daughter become my sister-in-law? And am I the mother-in-law to my own brother?

*shrug* We laughed about it at the time. It was no big deal, and if they HAD married, I think it would have been fun that Baboo's family and mine were joined in a second way. It's not incest or anything weird like that. It's just another blended family, bumbling along as best they can.

The OP might find it uncomfortable if the parents marry and then he breaks up with his gf. I suppose that would make holidays a little awkward, with your ex-girlfriend there all the time. But life goes on, we all have to be grownups, and I still say it's none of his bidness if those two people are dating.

olga

Only one solution.

A duel to the death! The girlfriends can act as seconds.

Or, since we're supposed to be liberated, the girls can fight!

Or, what the hell. Be civilized.

Flip for it! ;)

Maybe I'm being immature about it, I don't know, but I think it's a bit of his business. I understand that it's not incest, the thing that bugged me was the potential that the two get married, and then the kid's relationship doesn't work out and, like you said, akward family gatherings, especially bad if they are underage and have to live in the same house. I don't know.

Eh, fuck it, family gatherings are akward anyway, at least where I come from. No one wants to be there and there's always tension between AT LEAST two people.

AM: This made me laugh. But it is 2010. I'm sure someone was bored enough and wanted to torture everyone else and they found a way to put that crap on DVD.

I don't see it as that big of a deal to ask the parents if something's going on with them.

In general, once kids are adults I don't think that parents necessarily have to tell their kids about who they are dating or whatnot. Though when you met because your kids are dating - I don't find it that rude if the kids want to know what's going on.

I also think that the subject should kind of end there though. If they deny having any kind of relationship, or just don't want to talk about it - that's their right. Confronting them with "evidence" that something's going on - isn't going to lead anywhere productive. Asking nicely is fine - forcing a confrontation is just starting a fight for no good reason.

~ May

My boyfriend at one point was dating his siter's husband's sister, so affectively his sister-in-law. No one thought anything of it, including both parents (even though one set of the parents are fundamentalist Christians). I don't know, unless you're under age, and if they got married you two would be living together (I agree, that would be fucking weird) I don't see a problem with it at all.

First off, to the people telling me its not my business: Are you nuts? Not my business? My girlfriend is going to become my sister! Having to explain this to people later on will strain our relationship like hell, and there are people who will harass us for it to no end. Do you not know how many people there are who will look for anything strange just to exploit it and make your life hell?

Also, like The Emperor said, they could marry, move in together, and then our relationship could go to hell and life would be quite difficult since we are living in the same house!

Anyways, I digress, I actually overheard them saying that they need to tell us about it soon just a few hours after I created this topic, so some way or another we will talk about this in the near future... I only hope that that talk does not devolve into a shouting match...

First off, to the people telling me its not my business: Are you nuts? Not my business? My girlfriend is going to become my sister! Having to explain this to people later on will strain our relationship like hell, and there are people who will harass us for it to no end. Do you not know how many people there are who will look for anything strange just to exploit it and make your life hell?

Also, like The Emperor said, they could marry, move in together, and then our relationship could go to hell and life would be quite difficult since we are living in the same house!

Anyways, I digress, I actually overheard them saying that they need to tell us about it soon just a few hours after I created this topic, so some way or another we will talk about this in the near future... I only hope that that talk does not devolve into a shouting match...

Hey, Appleman! Please let us know how this went. I agree it is totally your business, but I guess you already knew that.

i see no one has asked the BIG question here: how old are you and your gf Appleman? minors, legal adults but living with the rents, or totally independent?