CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
december_brigette

Deth66

Hi All,

Deth66 or Ray has passed.

I received a letter from his mother postmarked feb 12 and got it today feb 18. the letter says:

"Dear DB,

This is Ray's mother. Im sorry to report that he died in the early morning on feb 5. Dont email because I have no clue as how to access it. Could you please notify the rest of his crazyboard friends.

Thank you,

XXX [her name]"

I think his dear friend minxie's death anniversary is feb 4 (might be wrong). I was really thinking about him at that time.

I dont know how to process this...I just wanted to follow his mom's wishes.

db

NO DEEB

THIS ISNT TRUE!!!!!!

We would YIM at night and sent pics.of each other.

DEB PLEASE TELLME THIS A JOKE

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

I CANT BELEIVE IT! I WON'T

HE WAS FUNNY AND FUll of life.

My heart is broken. I sent him one pic that he loved and made jokes about it to his friends

I see his name on my YIM hoping he will say Hi girlie

I don't want to believe it!!!!

He loved minxie so much

This has hit me so hard. Not fair just not fair, NOT FAIR GOD DAMN IT

This is not true. I refuse to believe it

Edited by Latin Girl

Oh man.

I was rooting for Ray pretty much since I got to crazyboards.

How sad.

For the newer members who didn't know Ray, he had diabetes and kidney failure and was going for dialysis 2 or 3 times each week. He was a funny, creative guy, and sometimes put up pictures of his artwork.

He had a lot of trouble with the port that the medical people were using for his dialysis, and it had to be redone several times. He griped about it the way anyone would, but really was very cheerful and upbeat. With all of his illnesses, he didn't turn bitter and mean.

And, of course, he was crazy like the rest of us, so he fit right in here at CB.

I'm really sorry that he's gone, but he was in a lot of pain with all his physical problems.

I'll miss his comments on my blog. He used to call me "Tante olga," which always cracked me up.

Goodbye, Ray.

And don't forget he loved his little guinea pigs. *grin*

Gosh darn it, I didn't want to hear this news.

At least he is free from suffering. I will miss him.

a.m.

For the newer members who didn't know Ray, he had diabetes and kidney failure and was going for dialysis 2 or 3 times each week. He was a funny, creative guy, and sometimes put up pictures of his artwork.

He had a lot of trouble with the port that the medical people were using for his dialysis, and it had to be redone several times. He griped about it the way anyone would, but really was very cheerful and upbeat. With all of his illnesses, he didn't turn bitter and mean.

And, of course, he was crazy like the rest of us, so he fit right in here at CB.

I'm really sorry that he's gone, but he was in a lot of pain with all his physical problems.

I'll miss his comments on my blog. He used to call me "Tante olga," which always cracked me up.

Goodbye, Ray.

Thank you olga for letting everyone know. How he hate those damn needles in his arm. I will miss his homemade chocolate and his silly jokes. One time he fell asleep after a long day and we were on YIM. I said something silly. He's mom said ray fell asleep ill pass the message to him. We had a good laugh at that. My heart is truly broken. He was so nice never had a bad thing to say about anyone. Maybe a mod lol. I can't take his name off my YIM. She like he couldn't delete minx myspace. My heart hurts so much. Thanks again for explaining it to people who did not know him. His piggies will know he's gone too. Peace Ray

This is very sad, I didn't "know" him that well around here, but I knew he was struggling with health issues. Like others said, it's good that he's at peace. I'm sure he'll be missed very much.

Ray loved people with his whole heart.

He accepted you into his big bear hug unconditionally

And if you were very lucky he sent you chocolate.

I will miss him more than words can say.

My heart is broken by this news

He fought so long and hard to make his body well

And as Olga said, without turning bitter or angry

He was my Ray of Sunshine, and my very dear friend.

I had been sure we would meet in this world someday

I guess it'll just have to wait until the next world

In all the grief though, I can find joy in knowing he is with Minxie again

I don't know that he ever truly healed from that loss

Perhaps she even called him, impatient for his arrival, excited to show him some wondrous new magical thing

This is the vision I will hold

Of those two hurtling through the cosmos

Unencumbered at last by the ills of body and mind

Living large and smiling wide

I recall Ray saying he got the nickname 'Dethray' from his friends because he was a really big guy and had a tendency to break chairs when he sat on them. I also remember him saying that when he was younger he picked up an engine block and carried it across the garage because it was in the way. The rest of us would use a block and tackle or several friends with two by fours, but Ray just carried it himself.

I kind of lost touch with Ray over the last few years and I regret that because he was a friendly, personable and humble guy. He was an excellent friend to Minx and looked after her when she was having problems. I believe Ray kind of had to be a big guy because he had such a big, big heart.

Goodbye Ray. I will miss you.

Grousemouse.

Ray loved people with his whole heart.

He accepted you into his big bear hug unconditionally

And if you were very lucky he sent you chocolate.

I will miss him more than words can say.

My heart is broken by this news

He fought so long and hard to make his body well

And as Olga said, without turning bitter or angry

He was my Ray of Sunshine, and my very dear friend.

I had been sure we would meet in this world someday

I guess it'll just have to wait until the next world

In all the grief though, I can find joy in knowing he is with Minxie again

I don't know that he ever truly healed from that loss

Perhaps she even called him, impatient for his arrival, excited to show him some wondrous new magical thing

This is the vision I will hold

Of those two hurtling through the cosmos

Unencumbered at last by the ills of body and mind

Living large and smiling wide

This is Beautiful. You made me cry all over again. I see his name on my YIM page hoping it will turn on. Why does God take the Good ones?

I don't think I've ever been touched my someones death that I never knew irl.

He'd tell me about the nurses and the Doctors all the damn needles. He would talk about art. He was so funny. Death is an ugly thing. But, yes minixe was calling him.

Edited by Latin Girl

I didn't interact with him much, but I'm sorry to hear that he's gone. I can see that he'll be missed.

Tenebrae, that was beautiful.

~ May

yes, there is comfort in knowing they are together now, unencumbered.

I am still so shocked. I have a lump in my throat. Ray, you are a great guy, and you are already missed by so many of us. It was an honor to have known you on this earth.

Hi Ray,

I popped on after a long-ass absence, and yours was the very first name I looked up.

You were a good man. How many people can we really say that about? You were larger than life, Ray.

Tenebrae said it very well. That's how we'll remember you and minxie.

Thank you for reaching out to all of us, gathering us up in your monster embrace.

You're not here with us anymore, so we'll have to go looking in our hearts to find you. You'll always be there.

xoxo

lily

I think Ray's was the first blog I started following here...I was so rooting for him to get his kidney and get better.