CrazyBoards.org

Groggy Mornings?

Guest BOYD

Do SSRI generally make you feel groggy when you get up for like 3 hrs? It's early now and feel like I have to wake up after 9hrs of sleep unless I'm not sleeping well. Should I be trying to get a sleep aid like that ativin or whatever stuff? What's up -not me?Anyone else get the same effect?( lexapro 5mg) Paxil was 100 times worse as I wanted to sleep all day. How about Wellbutrin although G DOC thinks it is not good for GAD.

The answer is different for everyone.  Have you just begun taking the Lexapro?  I find that for at least a month it is best not to make a decision on how well the meds are working until they have been in my system for awhile and my body makes the neccessary adjustments (unless something totally freaky happens).  Adding a sleep aid IMO would only cause more grogginess in the morning.  At least for me they do.

Well, from a motivational viewpoint it's probably impossible, but it's often seemed to me that I don't do much useful in a day until after getting a little moderately vigorous exercise. But that seems implausible when I'm tired and sleepy, even if true.

Archived