CrazyBoards.org

If I'm trying to talk to someone, the voices yell out insults directed at the person and I get embarrassed because the other person can hear them too. They also have this habit of repeating anything a person says to me, which is getting quite annoying because I get confused as to which one's real and which one's the echo. I have not drank anything in two days because the water in these taps are poisoned. But this time it's not my family, it's the same people who are watching me and sending me messages of homicide through the TV. I don't know who these people are, or where they are, but they are a big problem to me. Somehow they want me to kill someone but at the same time they want to kill me. They keep a close eye and me and often record what I am doing. I am not feeling too good and will probably get very sick from dehydration soon. I'm agitated. I don't know what to do.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have you thought about going to a doctor?

xdiamond, you are psychotic. I'm not sure about your diagnoses (maybe more schizophrenic than schizoaffective, but I could be wrong), but you need immediate help.

You do not mention much about your background. That makes it harder for us to give advice. For example, I wonder for how long you have had these thoughts.

Bottom line: you need immediate help. If you cannot call your psychiatrist today or tomorrow, call a crisis center, get to the ER or call your gp how you can get immediate psychiatric help. Make sure you mention this is a crisis. I don't know where you live, but when I had a psychosis I did not get psychiatric help until after many days because it was not apparent to my gp that it was a crisis, I just sat and stood there. Nobody could notice my feelings and thoughts. If I had "acted out", displayed agressive behaviour I would have gotten help immediately. Tell whatever doc you can get a hold of that you need immediate psychiatric treatment. If he/she does not respond in a helpful way (no you can't wait a month!) then a more "active" approach would be necessary.

For legal reasons I cannot advice you to punch a doctor that won't listen. But I wish I had done something like that when I was psychotic and didn't get any help.

And you may not believe me, but the tap water isn't poisoned. If you don't drink you'll die. And don't you have anything else to drink ?

I think it would make things much easier if you would print out your (first) post and show it to your psychiatrist or whatever doctor you can get a hold of. If you need to do it through the telephone, just read it out aloud. I know how hard it can be to talk about one's psychosis. This way it may be easier for you.

It's important that you get psychiatric help as soon as possible. Reading from your post, you cannot discern what's real from what's not. If you wait, the psychosis will only become more serious and asking for help will become more difficult. It would also require you more time te cure your psychosis.

The psychiatrist may want to increase your dose of risperdal or switch to a different antipsychotic.

Oh dear. Thanks for all the posts but I really believe I am fine. For some stupid reason I told the school counsellor about my situation and she has just called me up and is insisting she tell my mother I am not drinking. I am seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow so the ER isn't really necessary. And I think I will show her this post.

Oh dear. Thanks for all the posts but I really believe I am fine. For some stupid reason I told the school counsellor about my situation and she has just called me up and is insisting she tell my mother I am not drinking. I am seeing my psychiatrist tomorrow so the ER isn't really necessary. And I think I will show her this post.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Xdiamond, you are NOT "fine". That you don't recognize this has to do with your inability to understand what's real and what's not.

And for god's sake, drink something, even if it's just bottled water from a shop, coffee or a soda. You don't want to die before you get treatment, or do you ?

I'd guess that by now your natural instincs have taken over and you have drunk SOMETHING. I hope. You won't die because of poisoned water, but you can die of dehydration.

I think that's indeed a good idea to show your psychiatrist your first post.

What 's needed will most likely be a significant increase in the dosage of Risperdal. But that's between you and your doctor. Just make sure you get effective treatment. And in your case, you're better off with a dosage that's higher than needed than with one that's even a bit too low.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I saw my pdoc. My Risperdal has been increased. I am now on a higher dosage and a lot better. I drank something, too. Thanks for your support, guys. =)

Glad that you are better. Remember to keep in touch with your family and friends, and drink a lot, so that in the teeny remote chance that you being followed or watched, you're a) strong enough to react and B) people are around to help you. I hear voices and they often insult whoever I am talking to as well, it's horrible!

Archived