CrazyBoards.org

seizure disorders

hi all,

i had a grand mal seizure at a bar last night.  i wasn't drinking and i havent had any major med adjustments (effexor, remeron, neurontin), but after i ate some fries at the bar and started listening to the band, i started feeling really weird and ill.  then i got up and started towards the door, and before i made it i blacked out..  apparently i fell and then i started shaking for about 3 minutes, and when i woke up someone was checking my airways and the police were there and (embarassing!) id peed myself (ew).

anyways, ive never experienced anything this long before, and i was wondering if there are seizure disorders that would show up in a 25-year old person and assuming my blood sugar is ok (i tested it last week) and i wasn't sick..

i went to the emergency room and they started me on dilantin.  fun fun.. feel kinda stupid

well im glad the emergency people showed up so fast and i have to follow up with my GP on monday

Wow, bummer experience!  I'm so sorry to hear you went through that.

anyways, ive never experienced anything this long before, and i was wondering if there are seizure disorders that would show up in a 25-year old person and assuming my blood sugar is ok (i tested it last week) and i wasn't sick..

When you say you haven't "experienced anything this long before", it seems to indicate you've experienced SOMETHING along these lines in the past. Yes?  No?  And you mention a blood sugar test -- are you diabetic?  I don't know much about diabetes, but it does seem like if your sugar was whacked out enough to cause a seizure, you'd have some weird feelings first, huh?

What did your GP have to say?  Hopefully referred you to a neurologist.  They should do an MRI as well as an EEG to check and see if there's anything physically diffferent going on in your brain.

Archived