CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
witchywoman

Not doing well~withdrawal

Im not sure if this belongs here, or where it belongs. I have been manic for the past week or more. I have been going off Klonopin .5 mg for approx. 2 weeks. Now because of the mania, pdoc has me also going off 30 mg Cymbalta. Im feeling bad. Im anxious, hot, and feeling off. This really sucks. I have slept a little better the past two days since going down on Cymbalta. Last night while trying to go to sleep, as I would doze off, I would have a panic attack. I hope I feel better quick. Anyone have any suggestions or advice.

There may not be anything you can do med-wise if you're choosing to withdrawal from these things. And, it sucks. Any change in medications usually sucks, and the faster you do it, the more it sucks. So, on that account hang in there.

Non-med approaches are usually good. For better or for worse, I try sleeping a lot when I'm going through a med change, so it can work on altering my chemistry when I'm not awake to deal with it.

When I'm awake, I take lots of hot baths (with oil), light some candles, drink some tea.

Find an old sitcom you enjoy and watch as many episodes as you want on Youtube. Watch TV or a movie to get your mind off things.

Go out and walk around the mall... better yet, take a friend.

If you hurt, take some ibuprofen... and generally try not to think about meds for a while. Then, a few days later, check in on how you feel on your meds, but don't obsess over it.

Keep as regular a schedule as you can - up at the same time every day. Try to normalize your sleep schedule. It'll make going to bed and getting up much easier if your brain is "pre-set" for it, if that makes any sense.

Call your psychiatrist's office and leave a check-in message tomorrow.

Usually a slower taper would be nice, but it sounds like it's helping to get off the Cymbalta, so maybe not so much in your case.

When you say "panic attack as [you're] falling asleep," what kind of symptoms did you have? And what helped last night?

Im having anxiety on and off throughout the day, some depression on and off. I guess cycling. I had the panic attacks last night when trying to sleep. I don't know what helped. I think I just fell asleep. Pdoc has me tapering off Cymbalta. I open the capsule and pour some of the granules out, then put it back together and take it. Today is the first day of no klonopin. We'll see how I do. Im a little scared. Thanks for all the suggestions.

the way it was explained to me

coming off of benzos was like

reversing everything the medication did FOR me, was now going in reverse...

for example

if it calmed me and put me to sleep....now I'm going to be more anxious and awake - the longer I was on it and the higher the dose, the *worse* this will be (ymmv)

for pain pills (my drug of choice) they told me

it helped pain - expect to be more sensitive to pain

it made me constipated - expect some diarrhea

it calmed me down - expect physical discomfort (withdrawals were a bitch)

I don't see where you are being tapered off - medically?

Hope it passes soon - be safe

drink lots of water, get some good books and just know that some of the stuff you might experience is physiological and not just mental!!!

Hardly slept at all! Kept having anxiety/anxiety attacks. I was weaned off the klonopin a quarter of a pill every few days. Took about 2 weeks to get to nothing last night. I hope this doesnt last long. I can't handle it!

ok, can i just die????

i mean, seriously! i hardly slept, anxiety all night. then my daughter wakes up puking. i hate puke. i hate anxiety. lysol and bleach are my only friends today...

Guest randome

ok, can i just die????

i mean, seriously! i hardly slept, anxiety all night. then my daughter wakes up puking. i hate puke. i hate anxiety. lysol and bleach are my only friends today...

Hang in there it's all you can do. It will get better.