CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
Latin Girl

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Every year I say I will not forget friends Birthday's and what happens?????!!!!!!

I Suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I forget birthday's, when it's my Birthday I'm a frickin' huge baby if I don't get flowers and phone calls.

I text my friend James and said......Hey, Dude how's it???? Ummmmm ok..........just having cake with my gf for my birthday. Oh Shiz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I called he didn't pick up. I sang happy birthday on the phone and said sorry. We have been friends forever.

He said Thanks! but didn't call back. ugh! I feel like crap and he's not the only friend I've forgot this year.

Another friend Frank's birthday is on the 22nd he text me and said don't forget. I said Cool, I'll treat you to lunch

anywhere you wanna go. Why do I forget??????

I don't feel like a very good friend atm. Pity Party for LG. Damn it!!!!!

Google Calendar will, amazingly, email or text you a near-limitless number of reminders to any event you care to add to it.

Want to remember a friend's birthday? Every year? Ta-da! My mom now thinks my memory is soooo much better...

Also handy for remembering to take meds, I find, or to take the dog to the vet, or whatever.

You could think of it as a "LG sucks" thing, if you choose, or you could interpret it as "LG has a lot of concern for her friends."

You're taking the emphasis now (in the above post, I mean) off your friends and putting it on your flaws (or that's how I'm reading it), but you could put it back on how fortunate you are to have such cool forgiving friends, and how motivated you are to try to change your behavior. Just a thought.

Happy birthday to your friends! ;)

Don't feel bad LG, like Silver said, this only shows what a good friend you are that you feel so bad you forgot. Not all people are good at remembering dates and stuff, but the important thing is that you want to change and care that your friend feels bad.

For example, I'm *horrible* at remembering names. It's really like, a problem. I am very good about faces, I know if I met a person, I know who they are, but I can't ever remember the name attached. I work in nursing so this is a big deal, I never remember the names of various family members. Most nurses are quite social and very good with names, so I really stand out as being defective. We all have something. It's not that I don't care to remember the name, it's just that my brain really has a hard time connecting faces to names. I am more visually oriented and I think that's why (when my brain first "sees" something, it tends to characterize it based on physical dimensions, properties like that... abstract non-visual qualities like names and labels are harder for me to pay attention to and remember). I relate this to my generalized social problems, it is something I have no control over, although I can make a choice to pay more attention and work harder to remember names (and apologize when I forget).

The google calender is a great idea. I use it too, helps heaps with paying bills and appointments and things.

I use www.igoogle.com as my homepage. Weather, time, movie listing, yahoo maps, all on my homepage. It's awesome.

Yeah, I slept through my friend's baby shower this past weekend that I was so excited about and promised to go and intened on buying a nice big gift. pssssh, I totally forgot. I bought myself a pair of boots and other frivolous shit instead. oops. Not intentional and I felt like a piece of shit. So, yeah. It happens. I don't even know how old my friends are, let alone thier birthdays. I'm sure they're within my age range and when I get a flyer occasionally with a Jack Daniels label printed on it, I'll know it's someone's birthday.

Most cellphones have calendars on them these days, and the calendars can be set to have an alarm...for some reason I can't see you as not having a cellphone.

Most cellphones have calendars on them these days, and the calendars can be set to have an alarm...for some reason I can't see you as not having a cellphone.

LOL!!!

Yep I have a Blackberry 9700. I seem to ingnore it. It's hooked up to my email and all my IM's (this is also why I have Bill Pay, my bank pay's all my bills or I wouldn't do it) Also, bank sends balance every morning.

I tell myself oh right will call and then my mind goes blank. Maybe I should just be straight up with friends and say my mind is mush.

I dunno I'll try setting the blackberry for my friends birthday on the 22nd.

BTW. Calif had a 5.7 earthquake at 4:10 am and I got a text from my friend jimmy asking if I was ok. smile.gif So, I guess he not mad at me anymore.

Ugh! still feel crappy!!

LG

Edited by Latin Girl

Know how this one feels.

I've been doing this for years.

Took me four years to get my wife's b-day down.

Everyone else, i just totally forget until like two weeks later, or a month later, or when they say something like your friend said mentioning their birthday.

They always joke around about how much guys forget birthdays and anniversaries and stuff, but we women are not immune to it either.

Cut yourself some slack, it's just part of who you are, you have x colored hair, x colored eyes, like xyz, and forget birthdays. does not make you a bad person.

we all know far from the truth, you're an awesome friend and a very good person.

hang in there.

Know how this one feels.

I've been doing this for years.

Took me four years to get my wife's b-day down.

Everyone else, i just totally forget until like two weeks later, or a month later, or when they say something like your friend said mentioning their birthday.

They always joke around about how much guys forget birthdays and anniversaries and stuff, but we women are not immune to it either.

Cut yourself some slack, it's just part of who you are, you have x colored hair, x colored eyes, like xyz, and forget birthdays. does not make you a bad person.

we all know far from the truth, you're an awesome friend and a very good person.

hang in there.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Thank you!!!!!!

loved.gif