CrazyBoards.org

folic acid on an empty stomach = UGH.

maybe ive got a little virus...maybe its the folic acid?

im not really sure.  im starting to get the whole topamax - losing my appetite.  i take my meds in the morning, and take 2mg of folic acid along with them.  i didnt have anything to eat this morning and had a HORRIBLE upset stomach and had to run to the bathroom...like, IMMEDIATELY.

could this have been the cause?  or am i way off...

any ideas?

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

-ash

Don't know...but even vitamins on an empty stomach can make me feel like crap. If you can't eat, can you at least handle drinking some juice a few minutes before you swallow the pills?

If you really want to do a test of sorts, try taking the folic acid at a different time...maybe with lunch?

Don't know...but even vitamins on an empty stomach can make me feel like crap. If you can't eat, can you at least handle drinking some juice a few minutes before you swallow the pills?

If you really want to do a test of sorts, try taking the folic acid at a different time...maybe with lunch?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah im going to try switching the time and see if it makes a difference.  most of the time i have something to eat before i get into work in the morning...so i dont ever have this problem.  now with the no appetite thing - UGH.

thanks! xox

I take my synthriod and folic acid early in the morning, when the dog wakes me up to feed her, then I go back to sleep for a few hours. Folic acid has never bothered me taking it on an empty stomach but maybe I sleep through it?

Erika

Archived