CrazyBoards.org

Hi,

I saw a neurologist for my depersonalization symptoms; althought the sleep deprived EEG showed nothing, I told him I wanted to try SOMEthing for derealization and dp, and he prescribed me Depakote 500 mg a day.

I already take Paxil 25 mg, klono 0,5 to 1 mg a day and zopiclone (sleep pill). I have read EVRYWHERE that Klonopin and depakote taken together can cause absence seizures. I asked my pharmacist, the neuro, another doctor; they all told me there was NO interaction at all. Am I stupid or what? Is there any major interaction with them? I am afraid of combos.

Thanks all!

Dpmom

Hi,

I saw a neurologist for my depersonalization symptoms; althought the sleep deprived EEG showed nothing, I told him I wanted to try SOMEthing for derealization and dp, and he prescribed me Depakote 500 mg a day.

I already take Paxil 25 mg, klono 0,5 to 1 mg a day and zopiclone (sleep pill). I have read EVRYWHERE that Klonopin and depakote taken together can cause absence seizures. I asked my pharmacist, the neuro, another doctor; they all told me there was NO interaction at all. Am I stupid or what? Is there any major interaction with them? I am afraid of combos.

Thanks all!

Dpmom

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rxlist says...basically what you did, only in patients with a history of absence seizures. And they said it "may" do that. I have no idea how common that is.

This Japanese study from 2003 actually used clonazepam with valproate (don't know which one) in some patients who weren't seizure-free on valproate alone. This 1999 review, also from Japan, seems to suggest that this is done.

Archived