CrazyBoards.org

naptime!

I know I'm supposed to keep a consistent sleep schedule for bp.  So I go to bed at the same time every night.  However some nights I wake up a dozen times while sleeping or I wake up at 4 in the morning and can't get back to sleep.  And then I'm tired during the day.  Is it acceptable to take a 2-3 hour nap or should I just suck it up and trudge through the day all tired and stuff?  So is it better to stick to my routine as best I can or act based on how I'm physically feeling?

tigrre, this is just my experience...

at first I tried being consistent with my sleep also. and like you, I would wake early or several times a night.

finally, I got so damn tired that I did the overdose thing wanting to sleep...doc then told me to nap during the day, that I had to get some rest. even if I didn't sleep well, my body was getting some of what it needed (down time)

now I go by how I feel. if I'm tired during the day from fitful sleeping then I try and nap.

good luck in deciding what is best for you

spike

I can usually fit half an hour to an hour in during the afternoon.  It takes every fiber of willpower I possess to drag myself out of bed again for another dose of real life.  I'd like to be able to sleep at night, though, so I try to limit my naps. 

im having a hard time right now getting a full nights rest. although im so motivated during the day - i dont really feel tired.  sometimes i feel like i need a rest, but i cant sleep when i want to.  its weird.

last night i found a random sleeping pill (imovane) so i took it and had a restful sleep.  didnt wake up once! 

i try to go to bed at the same time every night...as my boyfriend has a real strict schedule.  if i can fall asleep - great!  if not, oh well.

i would just get as much sleep in as i could.  if i had to nap, so be it!  if youre tired, sleep.  you deserve it.

Archived