CrazyBoards.org

I feel like I am on a lot of meds

;) When I was first on 400mg topamax, I had this sweet spot...that wore off.

Then I was on 400mg seroquel, that wore off and I started have external, auditory and visual hallucinations day and night.

Now, I am on 600mg topamax(just started today) and 800mg seroquel with 6mg ativan standard dose and 2-4mg, if needed, ativan per day.

I'm now down 18lbs and my appetite started to come back, but I guess I can just forget about that huh? 

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jeze

seems like you are on an awful lot of topamax.  you are on a higher dose than Kassiane!  what is the reasoning from your pdoc? 

seems like you ARE on an awful lot of medication. 

i wish i had some sort of a reason for you.  ;)

*hug*  :)

xo

Ash

then i can understand you being on 600mg of seroquel;)

if thats not working, maybe try another AP?

my doctor recommended getting me on 600mg ASAP of seroquel when i was having MAJOR psychosis with extreme mania.  i dont have hallucinations unless im extremely manic. 

it just seems strange...thats all. 

im hoping there are others here that can help you with this  :)

-ash

:) When I was first on 400mg topamax, I had this sweet spot...that wore off.

Then I was on 400mg seroquel, that wore off and I started have external, auditory and visual hallucinations day and night.

Now, I am on 600mg topamax(just started today) and 800mg seroquel with 6mg ativan standard dose and 2-4mg, if needed, ativan per day.

I'm now down 18lbs and my appetite started to come back, but I guess I can just forget about that huh? 

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Jeze

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is a SHITLOAD of Topamax. You only get that much with FDA blessing if you have Lennox-Gastaut or another similarly icky form of epilepsy *raises hand* *cant deal with quite that much anyway. 575 is my limit, and retrying Keppra is preferable*

You arent on a large NUMBER of meds but I question the DOSAGE and the CHOICE of meds. Why not a, um, real mood stabilizer? Heh. Topamax doesnt work for most people. Not without another AC involved. Not a benzo, a real AC. And, uh, Seroquel is a weak AP.

THose doses are just WAY high...ouch. say hi to kidney stones if something doesnt get adjusted...

Kassiane

with her own kidney stones...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

UGH ;)

Archived