CrazyBoards.org

How long for Lamictal to work

For those on or off Lamictal, how long before you saw changes? I am on the 200mg dosage and I feel that the depression is more now then at 50. Pdoc had me go off the Zoloft so now it's Lam, synthroid and some crappy water pill for high blood pressure.

I am so tired of the ups and downs of late. today I am starting to drop deeper into the abyss. When I forget work, I am lower then a snakes belly. Work keeps my mind out of the depression while I concentrate. But as soon as I have the time for some bubble gum for the brain, its depression time.

I am so tired of the ups and downs of late. today I am starting to drop deeper into the abyss.

Hawkeye, scoot over and make room for me if you want company.  It is said that misery loves company, and I am so miserable. ;) Sulu

i know that it's different for everyone...

i didnt see any real difference until i got to 150mg.  i was severely depressed and felt very much the same as you.

a lot of people say that the anti depressive effects arent very good after 200mg , but you may have to go as high as 400mg...

im now at 250mg - although i think i would be just fine at 200mg.

xo

ash

I started on Lamictal and Prozac at the same time, so it only took about a month to get rid of the depression.  Unfortunately, the Prozac made me manicy at 20mg.  Tapered of it and am at 125mg of Lamictal.  Been feeling pretty okay for the last week.  Don't know how long it will last, but got to take it when you can get it.

For those on or off Lamictal, how long before you saw changes? I am on the 200mg dosage and I feel that the depression is more now then at 50. Pdoc had me go off the Zoloft so now it's Lam, synthroid and some crappy water pill for high blood pressure.

I am so tired of the ups and downs of late. today I am starting to drop deeper into the abyss. When I forget work, I am lower then a snakes belly. Work keeps my mind out of the depression while I concentrate. But as soon as I have the time for some bubble gum for the brain, its depression time.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hawkeye, for me, the Lamictal didn't kick in for several weeks. I'm at 100 now, but I'm also on Welbutrin SR 150.

**just my experience** I also need thyroid med, but for me, Armour worked so much better. I need the T3 and T4 combo

please call your pdoc and let him know what's going on, ok?

Spike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hawkeye, for me, the Lamictal didn't kick in for several weeks. I'm at 100 now, but I'm also on Welbutrin SR 150.

**just my experience** I also need thyroid med, but for me, Armour worked so much better. I need the T3 and T4 combo

please call your pdoc and let him know what's going on, ok?

Spike

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have to take the synthroid because I no longer have the thyroid. That was a major BP trigger for me when I had it removed

PDoc is just OK. I get what 10 minutes of her time? She insisted that I stop the Zoloft. I started to taper from 50 to 25 then nothing, but I decided to go back on the zoloft. at 200 lamictal I thought that I would be getting some relief on the depression but noooo. So yesterday I decided to go back on the Zoloft.

One thing I can say about being BP is that it is interesting to say the least. Where am I going to be today? What is normal? I have no idea anymore.

I got told it could take as long as a year to see real benefits from lamictal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Horseshit! It takes as long as it takes to get to a therapeutic dose for you. If it has had no effect by the time you're up to the max they will give you, then it ain't the drug for you.

If you're already feeling stable, then you'll probably get more of the same as you go up. As long as you don't freak out or get The Rash, they'll prolly take you to 200mg as that is the 'standard' dose.

Archived