CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
NailFlower

Weight Loss & Exercise Encouragement

Just a side note - if anyone has an ipod touch or an iphone, there's a free app that I'm using called lose it! that's just a calorie counter/exercise tracker - and it's helping me *a lot.* I used to use one of the free ones online, but it got to be too much of a hassle to log in every day and blah, blah, blah (yeah, I'm lazy that way). It's way easier on the ipod touch (I'm gonna miss that thing).

Anyway, I didn't do much today 'cause I had two finals so I spent most of the day parked on my behind - studying and eating food court food. I still made it under my 1500 calorie allotment for the day ;). Now that the school thing is over, I'll dedicate more time (hopefully? maybe?) to walking and yoga.

Swam for an hour tonight with my coach, so lots of drills....but fun!

Oh, and I packed for a backpacking trip (4 days) to Killarney Provincial Park - we leave Friday night! Whoo hoo!

Edited by jarn

Swam for an hour tonight with my coach, so lots of drills....but fun!

Oh, and I packed for a backpacking trip (4 days) to Killarney Provincial Park - we leave Friday night! Whoo hoo!

Was tired this evening, but I went to the YMCA anyway. Walked for 40 mins. Slowly, but I was there. I ate two yummy individually wrapped prunes while walking. Fiber, natural sugar, potassium, and vitamins for only 25 calories per prune.

Edited by bpladybug

Every time I want to eat (i.e. every five seconds) I have to stop and think "Am I really hungry? Do I really want this food?" and if I don't, I don't eat. brooding.gif

I'm jumping on board. A big stressful exam led to me gaining 10 pounds and threw my healthy eating/exercise out of whack, not that it was great before. So I'm newly committing to getting back on track.

I've been tired and blah these last two days, so no exercise at all... however, I have stayed under my 1500 calorie mark, so that's good. I'll try and get in some yoga today if i can get enough floor space cleared in my bedroom. ;)

I ran my first 1/2 marathon this morning... it was pretty damn cool - never ran this far before ;)

now i'm taking a nap lol

Congrats inspaces and withing ;)

I just got back from a BIKE RIDE!!!!!

I'm trying the calorie counting thing again. And it really works for me, if I actually stick with it.

I use livestrong.com, they have a myplate area [or thedailyplate.com, same thing].

But anyway, let's see, I tried "turning over a new leaf" about three days ago.

DAY ONE:

Started counting calories. Went over.

But I biked for about a little less than ten minutes.

It was less than ten minutes because I tried going up this ridiculously steep hill and my thighs killed me. I just wanted to see what I could do though.

DAY TWO:

Still counting calories. Went over again, but just barely.

Walked around for about an hour and a half and burned a lot of calories doing that.

DAY THREE: Went on treadmill for 20 minutes and burned about 170 calories.

Still doing good with the calorie counting for today.

Going to start bringing back the time that I stop eating for the day. [starting with 9pm for a little bit and eventually hopefully getting to 7pm]

I'm also drinking a lot of water.

Trying to eat more veggies and such.

Keep up the good work guys!

Yay Luna ;)

Drinking more water is something I have to get on. I think I'll be less hungry if I drink a lot.

danceintherain, you're smart to get on it when you're only dealing with 10 pounds. Those of us who let 30 or 40 pack on have a long way to go.

Inspaces, good going!

All you bicyclers and calorie counters---go to it!

I took a Muscle Confusion class yesterday and did some yard work, and tonight Baboo and I took Finley for a 50-minute walk.....some of it uphill.

Drinking water is so smart. I feel better instantly when I have a glass of water.

olga

What is this "wah - ter" you people speak of? Everyone knows that only thing potable in this world is COFFEE! ;)

So, I walked to the school today to refill my meds - that's enough in this heat! I'll probably finish cleaning my room - exercise in and of itself. And hope to stay under my caloric intake for the day. I really should weigh myself, but I think my scale is busted.

thanks olga for the encouragement...I hadn't thought of it from that perspective (better now at ten pounds than later if it gets worse). I got kinda grumpy at myself for having to think about such things in general. But here's to healthier living, I hope. :-)

hope today went well for everyone...I managed to sneak in a wonderful yoga class tonight. Such goodness. Tomorrow will be the challenge b/c I have to do the non-fun variety (gym workout a la cardio and strength-training) b/c I can't go hiking or something like that.

I ate too much today. But I also biked.

tryp, my doctor says that he would rather I be overweight but exercising every day, rather than thin and not exercising at all. So you done good.

Dance, chip away at it and I bet you can get those 10 pounds off in a couple of months.

I raked grass clippings for an hour this morning, took a 30-minute walk with the pack, and a 75-minute yoga class in the late afternoon.

So I had pizza for dinner! heh

olga

I didn't finish cleaning my room because DS#1 had a romantic crisis and I was busy being a shoulder to cry on. I kinda suck at the whole comforting thing other than listening and "being there" so I was there for a few hours and let her cry on my shoulder.

I did walk to the school and back - in this heat! blah! ;) - so that's good I guess. I haven't added up my calories because I've been unwinding for the past three hours reading a couple of books. (they're small books). I think I'm still under though.

Tomorrow is another day.

I'm slowly trying to change my eating pattens to eating more frequent, smaller meals. Today I had yogurt for breakfast around 8, and I'm now munching on some carrots.

Also I've been biking almost every day.

I may have to change out my profile pic - along with losing the obsession to drink, i've also lost the obsession to work out like a crazy girl! ;)

now when i think about working out, i think about what sounds fun - i almost went to a step-aerobics class yesterday (i was all set but then got a hard phone call)

about a month ago, i bought a cool new mountain bike - i'm looking forward to putting miles on that rather than doing 3-4 hour bike rides on my road bike at the crack of dawn.

i'm actually about to drop out of the 5 triathlons that i had signed up for 6 months ago - (yeah one crazy week i signed up for all of the races lol).

it's a good day :)

I'm slowly trying to change my eating pattens to eating more frequent, smaller meals. Today I had yogurt for breakfast around 8, and I'm now munching on some carrots.

Also I've been biking almost every day.

Yay!

I'm glad you bumped this thread. I forgot about it. I have continued to work out, I'm getting way stronger but no less fat. ;) In spite of all the assurances that fat weighs more than muscle, I feel discouraged. I only weigh once a week though. I'm trying VERY hard to not get compulsive about this.