CrazyBoards.org

I have a rather severe form of OCD that is episodic and conguent with my Schizo-ness. It gets really tough, especially with having intrusive thoughts and feelings of compulsions while completely batshit delusional. The congruence is evident just by seeing the correlation between the amount of threads I have created and the state of psychosis I was in (I post more threads when I have OCD).

Edited by Swamp56

I have a rather severe form of OCD that is episodic and conguent with my Schizo-ness. It gets really tough, especially with having intrusive thoughts and feelings of compulsions while completely batshit delusional. The congruence is evident just by seeing the correlation between the amount of threads I have created and the state of psychosis I was in (I post more threads when I have OCD).

If my question is too intrusive just ignore it, but what are your obsessions/delusions about? Mine are usually about violence.

Mine usually relate to hurting myself or others in painful slow manners. It bothers the hell out of me.

My main problem is thinking or obsessing that I did something violent to someone in the past. I guess that's where the poor insight/delusional part comes in.

I get something similar. I feel as if I always have a task (class to go to, bill to pay, test to take, etc) even though I don't. I end up checking my shedule or something similar multiple times.

I want to ask you alienite, what brings on the obsessions? Do they happen all day?

I can relate to it so much since I'm a severe hypochondriac and even though a part of me realizes these things aren't true, the anxiety differs.

Is that what's it like? Do you really think you killed someone at the time?

I want to ask you alienite, what brings on the obsessions? Do they happen all day?

I can relate to it so much since I'm a severe hypochondriac and even though a part of me realizes these things aren't true, the anxiety differs.

Is that what's it like? Do you really think you killed someone at the time?

My obsessions are brought on by being around strangers. I get an intrusive thought that says: "What if I snap and hurt one of them?" That leads to me thinking about all the possible ways I could hurt them, and whether I'll snap and do it or not.

After I walk away, or whatever, THEN I get the thought (or delusion) that I actually DID snap and hurt someone. I truly believe it, most of the time. This leads to endless checking behaviors looking for injured people or bodies. It's horrible.

With your hypochondria, your logical mind, or whatever, can say one thing but the anxiety will ALWAYS say the opposite. The difference between an obsession and a delusion is whether you give more weight to your logic or your obsession. For example, someone who constantly checks locks may know that the door is locked LOGICALLY, but they will check to relieve the anxiety of their uncertainty. However, they always KNOW that the door is locked, even if they gave into their uncertainty. That's not a delusion, but normal OCD.

Does that answer your question, or did I go off into a meaningless tangent again?

I think I understand.

Alienonite, this must be so frustrating and disabling for you. I wish I could help. But I only have the OCD side of things.

I can at least say I've done that "I think I hit someone in the road" and had to go back and check. But my mind does not supply a delusion, and usually I 'know' deep down that I probably didn't do it. There would be a memory of bumps, there would be dents in the car, all sorts of things. I can usually get myself to settle down. I have also been in the car when accidentally hitting a squirrel, for example. There would be no way to do that an not know it. That makes me feel a little more confident in my perception of events.

But I don't know how I'd react if I really couldn't tell what I had or hadn't done. Does it help to look at statistics for example? That many, many more people with psychotic disorder worry about hurting someone than actually doing it? Does it help to see how others are acting? People would react if you pushed someone off a cliff.

Sorry can't be of any help. Just sympathy. MIs suck.

Edited by Blue Morpho

Guest melanie

i totally understand, i have thought that i killed people, had affairs, u name it, i thought it, cbt says you have to live with the uncertainty- you don't know if you did it, sit in the anxiety until you desensitize, it is a painful process but it really helps, also, write your worst acse scenerio story and keep reading it until the thought is less scary- should do with professional!!!!

If anyone has any insight into this please help me...
I stopped smoking marijuana and developed intense intrusive thoughts as well as obsessive thoughts. its been going on for a 95 days now. this past week the thought that has been in my head is that " what if people are robots, and it causes me so much distress because its madness but the thought wont go away, and im always trying to rationalize it and I've never lost insight. I just want the thought to go away, i hate it so much. I know this is not the best site since i think it has something to do with the detox from marijuana but if you have any idea or a clear opinion please let me know. Im afraid im slowly going mental and this is how it starts. no one in my family has a history of schizophrenia, just high anxiety and neuroses I suppose. I hope someone who has some sort of idea can help out. 

Serlee,

This is an old thread, making a post of your own might be better.

In terms of what you are experiencing, you do need to see a doctor. A doctor can advise you what your next step is. Marijuana can trigger psychotic type symptoms in people who have a risk of developing it (relatives with a mental illness, a genetic vulnerability to it) but psychosis can be triggered by stress, poor self care too, not to mention people without a mental illness can have these symptoms if they are starved/under stress/sleep deprived. Only a doctor can take your history and make a true assessment.

Thank you so much, i will repost this thread as a new one and i hope that ill hear more responses. I have gone to a doctor but since i have really good insight and i have for three months she doesn't know what to think. Thanks for responding.