CrazyBoards.org

Random Rant

withing

Everyone I know is bitchin' and moaning about the gas prices here going up to $3.59 plus a gallon.  Everyone at work was complaining all last week about how they are not going to be able to afford to go to work soon with gas prices the way they are. 

So, I ask them what their plans are for the three day weekend, and the majority of them said they were going on *road trips* Some as far as 600 miles away.  These people own big 'ol huge TRUCKS and SUVs!!!! WTF??? If the gas prices are so high, why the hell are they going on road trips?  Why don't they stay the hell home?  Don't they understand that the reason everyone is charging so much for gas is because people will *pay* that much for gas?  What the hell is wrong with these people? 

If they wanted to celebrate, they should have stayed home and had a barbeque or something.  Or gone to one of the stupid "events" this town is always having.  Jeez.  Or, they should shut the hell up about the freaking gas prices. I bitch an moan about the gas prices too, but my happy ass is parked in the driveway, and the only place I drove this weekend was to the grocery story and back. /rant.

Guest Llamanator

No kidding. There are much better reasons to be bitching about gas prices...like the price of food at the grocery store, price of plastic goods, and general prices of everything going up because everything's related to the cost of petroleum in general.

I don't like to hear people that own massive gas-guzzling vehicles going on long trips bitching. Should have thought about that beforehand. However, thinking about the cost of food on your dinner table as a result gets my approval, as it reflects the ability to, you know, actually think a little...

Mimi

What the hell is wrong with these people?

That's a good question.  I wonder if there is a disorder for not being able to see your own illogical positions. 

Gas prices are too high.  Me drive SUV everywhere.  The two are not in any way correlated.

Now that I think about it, there is already a name for this.  MORON.

Gas prices are too high.  Me drive SUV everywhere.  The two are not in any way correlated.

Heck, I own an Altima, and I think that's too big, since it's just my daughter and me.  But, I bought it when I had two other daughters living with me.  If I could afford to, I'd get a smaller car.  However, at this point in time, I can't afford to.

I sure do miss my Sprint though.  That little puppy got some *great* gas mileage.  I just couldn't fit three teenagers in it.  *sigh*

When I was single, I drove a Toyota Celica hatchback. Great gas maileage. Loved it. When my kids were small, I drove a 4 cylinder Forb Probe turbo GT. Great gas mileage. Loved it (a drunk smashed it). Kids grew up. They are now 6'2 and 6'1. They will not fit in a Ford Probe, a Toyota Celica, or the cute convertable Mini Cooper I would just love to have. My husband and I are both 6' tall. I drive a 91 GMC Jimmy. Yeah..and evil SUV. So shoot me for being tall and having tall kids.

Yeah..and evil SUV. So shoot me for being tall and having tall kids.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I was married and had four kids... this was before SUVs... we had an Astro minivan.  It drank up gas like champagne.  There's nothing wrong with having a big car/van/SUV when you need one. 

I'm ranting about people unnecessary *road trips*, and at the same time complaining about gas prices.  I mean, does someone really *need* to drive 300+ miles to go the beach for two days?  No, I don't think so.  That's *my* beef.

Yeah..and evil SUV. So shoot me for being tall and having tall kids.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am not saying everyone who drives an SUV is a moron.  Just the ones that complain about gas prices being so high and don't get that part of the reason is because of people like themselves that don't need an SUV but buy one anyway cuz they think they need it.  And don't even consider fuel economy when they buy it.  And then proceed to complain about how expensive gas is. 

Archived