CrazyBoards.org

I'm having a situation... Need Help.

sorry that things havent been going well for ya ash...

I do think that it is work talking to your pdoc about these new thoughts about the old bfs.  As you said, it could be bothersome and disturbing, but might not be completely out of the ordinary...

Looking at it positively, though... isnt it better that you recognise that you are having these thoughts and that they are irrational rather than simply acting super-impulsively and sleeping with all of the ex bfs?

mention it to your doc and see how the thoughts are within a few days....

xo

~Ophelia

I don't know how to control them.  I don't think I will act on any of these thoughts, but it STILL bothers me that they're taking over.

You should definately talk to your pdoc about these thoughts..Sometimes just the act of talking about it, reasoning it out, confirming the fact that this is not what you are going to do makes them recede..You should not feel guilty! This only perpetuates the evil cycle..affirms it as true when it is only the lies your MI is feeding you..We can't help the thoughts that just pop into our heads..anymore than you can control your dreams. It is no different than the thoughts I get when the whole suicidal ideation kicks in. Just a different subject matter.

Take it easy on yourself Ash..

Okay.

I don't know how to control them.  I don't think I will act on any of these thoughts, but it STILL bothers me that they're taking over.  <_>

That's about it I guess...

FWIW, that's pretty much the definition of an intrusive thought as sometimes happens with OCD. Mine usually involve sexualy mutilating family members and lovely stuff like like that.  Since yours just popped up all of sudden they are probably due to a bi-polar quirk.  Anyway.  As long as you recognize the thoughts as weird and wrong, you're not as crazy as you probably think you are for thinking them.       

In case you were wondering what to call what's going on in your head, I'm pretty sure you are experiencing "intrusive thoughts."

In the case of OCD, the brain typically picks stuff you find absolutely morally reprehensible to taunt you with.  If such is the case with what's going on between your ears, the fact that you are having these thoughts is proof that you really do love the hell out of your bf.

Archived