CrazyBoards.org

Check into Crazy house or

Without knowing anything about your situation (really need more detail about your age and details of situation), living with parents is good and bad.  At one point in my life, it was a necessity because I just couldn't deal with being responsible for myself.  It is good because you don't have to worry about rent and can get your debt, if you have any, under control.  You can have guaranteed meals and a safe place to be (depending on your parents mental health and if they are supportivee etc.  It is bad because you won't get laid (hey baby, want to come back to my place?  We jsut have to be quiet so my paretns don't wake up), you will have to give up some personal space and submit to their rules.  I can't go back to living with my parents because I just couldn't deal with having them dictate when I eat, how I keep my stuff, etc.  I have to suck it up and make enough money to support myself. Not that I don't go over for some meals and to use their computer and to escape the unbearable heat of my place (thank god that's over).  Don't be too proud to accept help, but know going in that it will suck to a point. 

Off topic, I just ate a reese's pb cup and yum, is there anything better?  Except maybe multiple...

I had to move back in with my parents when I lost a job that I loved and ended up unemployed, falling rapidly into debt, barely able to get out of bed during the day, barely able to sleep at night, and pretty much non functional in between.  I don't know how I eventually did manage to find a job in that condition, but somehow I did and things have been getting progressively better. 

I've always had a good relationship with my parents and I don't have a problem following their rules, so it wasn't that big of a deal, but it really did a number on my self esteem, which, at best, is way too low to be healthy, and my depression got much worse before it got better.  Still, it gave me a roof over my head, a built in support system and a chance to get my act together again.  If you have a decent relationship with your parents, it's probably worth considering. 

like the others said, it depends on your situation.

It also depends on the crazy house you're going to. I came out feeling worse than when I went in.  No, I'm not kidding. Here's a post I wrote about my experience:

http://www.crazyboards.org/index.php?showtopic=3431

;)

The relative freedom you'd feel at your parent's house may be good for you, or it may be bad for you (depending on whether you think you can control your actions!!)

IMO the looney bin serves one purpose: to keep you from  :) .

I went to the hospital for a week a little while ago and it helped talking to other "inmates" about our problems and how we are all alike.  My parents had no idea how bad I was until I got my psych to talk to them - then they are all sympathy etc (fake I think). 

So if I went back to my parents they would be all over me - making me get out of bed when they wanted me to, making sure I ate this and did this - ARGH!!  I have lived alone for so long I would probably end up killing my parents if I had to go and live with them again.

So.....depends on your parents and the "looney bin" etc

When I cracked up, I went into a really awful hospital.  This was 20 years ago, and things might be better now.  My parents were alive back then, and if I could do it over, I would give ANYTHING to go live with them... even now.  Instead I toughed it out here, with them 200 miles away.  I was alone in a hospital on Christmas because they were TOLD by my insane psychiatrist to stay away.  It was hell.

You won't have your parents forever.  Be with them while you can.

Archived