CrazyBoards.org

Irritable like a bitch!

Starchic, my diagnoses are basically the same as yours, with ptsd, dunno where one ends and one begins but it's a mess of anxiety.

i don't know if this will help with your question because i don't know if my experience is coming from the same phenomenon, but here it is.

as i've been healing and learning skills (not a straight line of progress, but overall, i'm less anxious than before) i've gone from frozen-deer-in-the-headlights to blubbering-basketcase and now i'm dealing more and more with anger. my therapist says it's higher on the food chain, heh. it's like i've been a scared helpless slave and i'm finally breaking free. so, i'm not very...er...graceful at it yet.

i find it most helpful to simply be proactive when i can. but when there's just that free-floating frustration, i literally growl aloud, scream into a pillow, or pound the sofa with my fists or a bat (all privately or with a rare person who understands, of course.)

otherwise, when something just comes out wrong, i apologize, not for the fact that i got angry but for how i handled it, and i try to express again why i was angry.

again maybe this is something different but i thought i'd offer it. and my sympathy. being around such frustrating behavior can drive anyone nuts. good luck and aloha.

lei, thanks for your reply. It does seem like maybe there is some truth in your post for me as well. I just have not figured it all out yet. I am trying to find the number of a woman who does Psychotherapy hopefully this will help me figure it out. Thanks again:0)

Positive Attracts Positive. Turn The Negative Into Positive ~Taoist Ways~

If any one can push the anziety button, its our kids.  Plus you have Mom around  Mine are lokder but , I have told them that  Im tired of fighting, and that athey havet ounderstand the reasons behind some of my concerns. 

Now I just pick up the cups, dishes etc, because  I want my space livalble.  If they ask for something, they have to do something likeclean the car,( they drive)  But anziety is a bitch coupeled with irritalbility.  Hang in there, you are not alone,  Doxie

Archived