CrazyBoards.org

I LOVE BIPOLAR

;) I bet you would never heard anyone that likes being bipolar but there must be at least one out there.

I like the change, always something different. I love being hypo the best, I get more done, am euphoric and just get a feeling no one else can get without some kind of illegal substance. Its almost like you can get a high for free and its just great.

The mania you get the hallucinations and can be quite intriging and see things like someone was on magic mushrooms or something. You can see things in a different light and can imagine things that others couldn't. The only thing that sucks is the depression, but every state can be counteracted with a little practise and tweeking your meds.

You have to be able to recognize which state your in and just go with the flow. You don't have to go buy illegal substances and nobody will no if you can control it. Thats the hardest part but trial and error and learning from past episodes you can get better at it.

I won't get into how I tweek my meds and stuff but I am getting pretty good at it. You can always get out of mania with a simple pop of an anti-sychotic if thats your greatest fear. :P   :ninja:   :)

I'm afraid I have heard that, actually, from a mania junkie friend.  The aftermath has been worrisome, at best, and getting worse. 

There's a good chance you're at least hypomanic right now, so I won't argue too hard.  I would like to remind you of kindling theory, however.  Yes, it is still a theory, but one backed up with a strong amount of evidence.  Put crudely, these extreme mood changes beget brain damage. 

There's a good post on the subject here, with lots of links to follow. 

Please take care of yourself. 

Mania isn't always fun. Been there done that. Sometimes it can turn into dysphoric mania. You never know when it will. You may not feel too bad during this, but others hate it. Dysphoria consists of agitation, rudeness, namecalling, arguing, rage, anger, violence sometimes, fights, and throwing things, and other symptoms. Sometimes it gets so bad that the cops get involved and you can do things to get in trouble with the law and get you arrested and in jail.

Also mania can sometimes escalate to the point of total psychosis that can get so crazy to require involuntary hospitalization. The worse thing is if you get into a Mixed State (depression/mania mixed together), hallucinations may not be so interesting and intriguing after all. Instead, they may be hellacious like a very very bad trip. Not something you want to go through. Almost all bipolars have mixed states at times. All in all, I wouldn't take a risk w/ mania at all. Even worse, it can be hard to recognize which state you're in. Usually, it's too late by the time you notice the state you're in. So, be cautious.

You really shouldn't tamper with your medications. Your medications are key to your stability. They help you lead a normal and productive life. Messing around with them causes more instability. And without them, your life would be more unstable and more messed up. So, leave them alone! Quit messing with them!

;) I bet you would never heard anyone that likes being bipolar but there must be at least one out there.

I like the change, always something different. I love being hypo the best, I get more done, am euphoric and just get a feeling no one else can get without some kind of illegal substance. Its almost like you can get a high for free and its just great.

The mania you get the hallucinations and can be quite intriging and see things like someone was on magic mushrooms or something. You can see things in a different light and can imagine things that others couldn't. The only thing that sucks is the depression, but every state can be counteracted with a little practise and tweeking your meds.

You have to be able to recognize which state your in and just go with the flow. You don't have to go buy illegal substances and nobody will no if you can control it. Thats the hardest part but trial and error and learning from past episodes you can get better at it.

I won't get into how I tweek my meds and stuff but I am getting pretty good at it. You can always get out of mania with a simple pop of an anti-sychotic if thats your greatest fear.

My psychiatrist (who does integrative medicine) told me not to worry about the kindling thing. I showed the article to him about it, and he said that it was just theory.

Yeah, so's evolution.  Go figure.

At any rate, playing with mania, hypo- or other wise, is rather like playing with crack.  You're gonna end up getting burned, pissing away your life, and with a swiss cheese brain.

Unless, that is, you're extraordinarily lucky.

"LOADED LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN, FLYING LIKE AN AIRPLANE, FEELING LIKE A SPACE BRAIN ONE MORE TIME TONIGHT!!!!!!! ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hypomanic?

Wow.  A classic example of clanging. This one tends to get dropped to the bottom of the symptom list since it is so benign and not discriminating, but it is another check in the box.

A.M.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry, can't bring my self to like the depressive phase. Not one bit.

I have a sneaking suspicion my dysphoric phase at least has the advantage of clear sight. ie. When I'm full of anger at how crap the world is, it's because the my dysphoria is making me see through the societal "be nice" fuzz to what really is.

But yeah, bouncy bouncy phase I love.So long as I can keep semi-functional, and semi-under control. Grreat.

What's not to like? Sex sex sex . Purr.

I cook _much_ better. Yum.

I think faster and leap along instead of plod.

But I'm inhibited, I deeply hurt. I'm scarred, I have been clobbered so so so so many times for going bounce bounce bounce and offending some wowser.

Even when in plain sailing / even keel mode, I can see that what I did was not anything really Bad. Just exciting. Just different. Just challenging.

People Hate that.

The world is depressed, we are just fortunate enough to sometimes escape from the grey fog that smothers most humans.

Bounce Well friend! But don't forget to use some of that brilliance to plan / protect / cover / hide your bright wildness from a society that will hate and punish you for it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would prefer to use an actual substance.

This is not to say that one should use substances, legal or not. But unlike bipolar, actual chemicals go away.

Take alcohol for example. You've got buddies (hopefully) to watch you while you're drunk, and based on how hellish the hangover is the next day, you can choose whether or not to drink again, and when. You also know when the hangover (ie. inevitable crash) will go away.

I think the "playing with fire" analogy is appropriate for both.

OTOH, I'm all about going with the flow. I value being an emotional person - though I have a feeling this is part of the emotionality itself. I like experiencing intense emotions, even negative ones to an extent. Hell, often the feelings of guilt and fear seem as addictive as racing thoughts. I am glad I have experienced depression in life.

However. I would prefer that depression be limited to a couple days every few months. That's enough to feel "alive" without it dragging on tediously. I enjoy hypomania of course, and I'm glad I've experienced that, too... but in a way it seems like a worthless feeling. Like the person who has a deep, "religious" experience of "EVERYTHING'S CONNECTED!!" on something like magic mushrooms (as you mentioned), or even some drunken "insight", and then they come back to reality and realize that daily life goes on as it always has. Euphoria is fun, but with drugs or mania it's easy to get carried away. It leads me to question how desireable either of those states really are.

-ni

Edit: Attempted clarification of intention!

kindling, bah!  don't let anyone tell you there's no such thing as bipolar 6, unipolar mania.  i went thru 6 full blown manic episodes, i'm talkin' 1 to 2 months in length, 2 of them ending in psychosis and involuntary 5150s, no depressions in between.  lucky bastard, i suppose.  anyway, after my 6th trip, my wife left me, couldn't stand my rocket boosters any longer.  that pretty much floored me and i finally descended into the abyss of suicidal depression.  so i guess now i'm a bona fide bipolar 1 by label, altho judging by the experiences i've been going through, i think i'm more of a temporal lobe epilepsy case sans the tremors.

thought i'd post nine inch nails' the downward spiral lyrix to dampen my manic enthusiasm :)

he couldn't believe how easy it was

he put the gun into his face

bang!

(so much blood from such a tiny little hole)

problems have solutions

a lifetime of fucking things up fixed in one determined flash

everything's blue

in this world

the deepest shade of mushroom blue

all fuzzy

spilling out of my head

theendisni:  ?WTF?

How are you helping people people by encouraging them in not taking the rx meds, getting drunk and using illegal street drugs? ;)

-At least do no further harm, but don't encourage more destructive behaviours. 

A.M.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

OMG, that wasn't my intention at all!

I'm definitely not against taking rx meds, and I didn't mean to sound like I encouraged "getting high", either.

I've made one attempt at editting to clarify, but just say the word and I'll delete it outright.

-ni

(sigh)

Bott to the FUCKING head time.

Plain English: loving your mania, and thinking it's great, and "running with the flow"...

Just get a fucking crack habit, 'k?

6 put it oh-so-well, by quoting Jerod.  We're here to get BETTER.  Like addicts in rehab.  And lemme tell ya, in rehab, you don't keep lighting up and try to get others to agree it's OK.  It isn't.

It'll ruin you.

It'll KILL you.

So pick up a crack pipe.  I hear *that's* a great high, too.

Archived