CrazyBoards.org

Depekote + Seroquel + Clonazepam

Guest sushiboy

Guest sushiboy

Panic attacks - gone

depression - greatly reduced

insomnia - helps a good bit

problem - holy crap have i gained weight and have terrible constipation.  i just started the slim fast diet today.  hopefully that will help with the weight.  i munch on metamucil wafers so that i can go number 2 but i still get terrible pain in the bowels.

this is the first medication combonation i have been on that works so well but the side effects really suck.  anyone ever have similar problems or have any ideas how to relieve the side effects?

I'm also on Depakote and Seroquel.  Been on it for years cause that combo really works well with minimal side effects.  It helped me tremendously with insomnia, hypomania, mood swings, anxiety and suicidal ideas.  But I need celexa with that for depression cause my depressions can get really hardcore.

I don't have the weight gain and constipation problems you mention though.  My system tolerates the Seroquel particularly well - I can't stand the side effects of other antipsychotics.  Also, its the antipsych with the best EPS profile (no shakes and/or akathisia).  Seroquel rocks for bipolar II IMHO. 

PBF

Hi Guys:

Not on these meds, but can relate to the constipation.

i just started the slim fast diet today. 

God I hate to tell you this, but we tried this diet YEARS ago, and got.....constipated! Be careful.

There are things you can do that are natural. Take some fibre tabs every day in addition to lots of fibre in your diet.

try stool softeners

and when all else fails, this works the absolute best. It's called "Smoothe Move Tea" and you can buy it in the natural food section of your grocery store. Have a cup before bed - if you are extra, well, over due, use TWO bags, and steep a little longer than they suggest.

Next day - NO PROBLEM.

The tea is gentle and not so violent on your system. Do NOT get into the habit of using it daily, I did and it turned on me. I am talking everyday for over two years. Yes, call me stupid.

I still use it occasionally and swear by it.

Good luck.

Breeze

PS As to diet suggestions? Cut out carbs, and try and eat proteins and vegetables.

I've been taking Depakote & Klonopin for 10 years.  I can't say enough good things about this combo:

- no panic attacks

- not much depression

- tiny mania "buzzes" once in a while, but that's only because I keep both meds as low as possible (Depakote kills mania dead).

- insomnia is easily controlled with Ambien. In emergencies, I bump up the Klonopin.

I keep the weight under control by lifting weights twice a week (muscle burns more calories than fat). Depakote turns you into a goldfish: if you eat until you're full you'll burst. I've found the Atkin's diet helpful, though I don't follow it too closely. It's largely a matter of avoiding junk food and keeping portions smaller.

Guest sushiboy

how about high blood pressure?  this might be coincidence, but since i started this cocktail, my blood pressure has gone into the "high" range.  my psychiatrist says its not the meds.  what do you think?

*blah* I just made another post about this very problem. I'm on Klonopin, Seroquel, Effexor and soon to add Depakote to the mix, at least thats what the doc wants to do. I am bloated, gassy, constipated and miserable. But this is so far the only mix with ANY success at all, the depression is going down, I actually have reall energy ! still have to tweak with the meds a bit to get a better handle on the panic disorder, but it IS better than it was, I can talk in whole sentences and don't drive myself even more barking mad with the constant anxious racing thoughts. On the bad side, I'm neurotic and anxious most of the time, into SI and dissociating badly.

Any help with the bloat and bowel misery would be gratefully accepted

Archived