CrazyBoards.org

add something to cocktail and then take it away...

I'd like to add some Wellbutrin to combat the total sexual dysfunction I am experiencing, which is important because I'm in a long term relationship.  However if it doesn't work out it is absolutely ESSENTIAL that I go back to feeling the way I am now--calm, cool, collected, and undepressed, because I think that is the only way I will be able to get a job (haven't had one in a really long time) and move forward in life.

I feel like I have to choose between my boyfriend and getting a job and it really sucks.  ;)

I don't know -- I'd hope it would work that way. The thing is that Wellbutrin is likely to do a lot more than *just* relieve sexual disfunction, because it is an anti-depressant. It's going to have some other effects, which you may or may not like to have.

As for the sexual question -- I don't have a good answer there. My partner has been very tolerant of my sexual lack-of-function over several years now. Does your boyfriend know you feel like you're chosing between him and your best, most functional self? Surely he'd rather you felt good and could work and so forth than messing with things for sex?

You might want to ask a version of this question on the sexual issues board as well.

Fiona

As for the sexual question -- I don't have a good answer there. My partner has been very tolerant of my sexual lack-of-function over several years now. Does your boyfriend know you feel like you're chosing between him and your best, most functional self? Surely he'd rather you felt good and could work and so forth than messing with things for sex?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, he knows that.  He is not pressuring me to do something about it.  Right now it's mainly because I really don't like it plus I would hope that the Wellbutrin would give me a little pick me up in the motivation and interest depts where I still seem to be lacking.  However I know that if it goes on for too long he won't be happy and I can't blame him for it.  I wish I could talk to my pdoc about it, but she quit her practice.  She was the only pdoc in the immediate area.  Boo!

Yes, he knows that.  He is not pressuring me to do something about it.  Right now it's mainly because I really don't like it plus I would hope that the Wellbutrin would give me a little pick me up in the motivation and interest depts where I still seem to be lacking.  However I know that if it goes on for too long he won't be happy and I can't blame him for it.  I wish I could talk to my pdoc about it, but she quit her practice.  She was the only pdoc in the immediate area.  Boo!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, the Wellbutrin might add a little energy and such to things -- in the sex and in other departments as well. I've found that finally feeling fairly well and like my life is reasonably under control has helped a lot with the sex issue, though I have some issues beyond meds and depression involved.

Sucks about your pdoc!

Fiona

Archived