CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
mel1

Seroquel dreams/nightmares

I just recently started Seroquel.  I have noticed more vivid dreams since beginning it.  I take 250 mg.  The dreams aren't particularly scary or disturbing, but they all include various quantities of blood at some point in time.  It is odd.

Guest Chelsea C
;) I have been taking seroquel for like, i dont know, a few months, a year.. Every night I have this horrible vivid dreams of people close to me dying, and OH NO, it doesn't end there, I sit, and I cry, and I cry some more, and I tell people, and they cry, and then usually it trails off into people trying to kill me after my family died, and then EVENTUALLY, long hours it seems later, I wake, and I THINK OF THAT DREAM ALL DAY, it haunts me like nothing else, and I wish I didn't dream.

While it is bad enough,

At night.The horrible

Gory monsters,

Truly Evil Humans,

the helplessness,

of knowing,

that you can't change

Or stop it.

My daytime horror

stories are very sharp,

I've crawled down off the bed,

steaming sweat and trying

to Re-Orient myself,Sometimes I don't

recognize my own dwelling,

for like five minutes.(seems like an eternity)

BTW,before I forget

where I was headed,

I take 600mg Soquel

100 am,200 nights,

It can turn you

clueless,it interferes

with my balance

Simply navigating

up to my truck,

is a possible(should stasis quit driving?)

disaster.

My rig is tall,even I need

climb in(@6')

in the last seroqel,

I fell out of the truck,

Yeah,it hurt,

but nobody saw,I think-hope.

Other than those little thangs,

it does keep me off the ceiling,

So I have mixed feelings,

wading,mentally though

thick fog or

the teeth rattling

mania cycle.

Speaking of fog,We got it.

A meandering Stasis

Edited by Stasis

It can turn you

clueless,it interferes

with my balance

Simply navigating

up to my truck,

A meandering Stasis

Yes... stasis should stop driving when taking seroquel...

I'm on three different meds at the moment but it's the Seroquel that has given me the weirdest dreams...

They're very vivid... some are nightmares... I tend to remember them very vividly when I wake up, sometimes they merge with my reality and I'm not sure if I'm dreaming or not.... Several times I've woken up almost screaming.

Sometimes I turn on the lights and run to the mirror to make sure I am dreaming.

Edited to add: I take 200mg Seroquel, 60mg mirtazapine, and 200mg sodium valproate.

Edited by jaytee

It can turn you

clueless,it interferes

with my balance

Simply navigating

up to my truck,

A meandering Stasis

A nice idea,that doesn't

survive the real world.

I do try to get a driver/companion,

my longest run is to my Dr.

200 mile round trip,

not every one can just go,

even when I plan weeks ahead.

Would stopping seroquel,

for short intervals,even

begin to address this,

Don't think so.

off and on,off and on,

not good.

The Jet-black,headed

for a large tree,

out of

my conscience,

Where was the world?

The mess has been tempered,

driven beneath nominal control,

Uh,yeah,I deal with it,

that's why freeways have

big turnouts,(up here anyway)

Stretch,water the tree, (heh,long story)

scream into the dark,

Hit the Road.

Christ know how many close calls in the last five years,

Used to call it Skill,

How Fast Was I Going ??

Speed limit dude,

plus the wheels I drive won't gracefully

corner the real twisties.

Blab,Stasis

Wow! This is a really old thread and it still rings true for me. Sometimes, I wake up exausted from my intense dreaming. I usually don't remember my dreams. Don't know if that is a good thing or not. But sometimes i don't know if i really slept or not. Very realistic heart wrenching dramatic dreams that go on and on. I feel like there is something running around in my brain all night having a party at my expense. Seroquel doesn't cause dream disturbance? Yeah, that's why so many have posted about it. It's good to know i'm not alone. Too bad we can't all meet in our dreams and tell them to go away and leave us in peace. Why can't i dream about sex? Or lying on the beach? without getting eating by sand crabs.

It can turn you

clueless,it interferes

with my balance

Simply navigating

up to my truck,

is a possible disaster(should stasis quit driving?)

A meandering Stasis

So,Patheral,

How do you get around,

hopefully all your services,

T+P docs,pill stores,

nevermind all those prosaic

shopping trips,

I make my choices

based on experience,

If I don't feel good,

I don't go.

Semi-ruralism

has it's good points,

along with some frustration

about travel.

Nearly all my driving has been

the,twisty,2-lane 101

up the Coast,through the trees (don't hit one)

I am a real wreck in urban traffic,

I know this and make someone else drive.

From a Guy with 2 vehicles

Stasis,What Redlight??????

Seroqual helps stop my nightmares. Although according to my mother I talk a lot in my sleep, I even sing in my sleep, and I keep waking up during the night.

Guest Britni Rychel

ive been taking seroquel for a year now and im tellin you i know it fucks with my dreams. i hear ya'll say there terrible vivid crazy things. my brain creates amazing things outta this world. its like an adventure everytime i go to sleep. i would have to say the most memorable one was me birthing a puppy who then turned into a child who again morphed into a puppy n before he changed back into a puppy i decided to put him up for adoption. n the only thing i was worried about was who the dad was.

and just recently i had a very trippy dream. i was growing 4 long hairs from the bottom of my chin. and i am a FEMALE. it was crazy

but like i said its an adventure every time i sleep

Pre-medication my baseline dream recall was generally good, with some periods where I didn't recall dreams for a long time and others when I would frequently recall dreams. I usually only recalled one dream per night, although in some cases I recalled several. Dreams were sometimes emotionally-laden and intense (either happy or sad) and I occasionally had nightmares.

The effect of drugs on my dreams...

Zyprexa/Olanzapine completely suppressed my dreaming (or ability to recall dreams). Without dreams I felt like... I felt like I had no sub-conscious mind... that it had been cut out of me and my sub-conscious thoughts were being repressed. It was a crap feeling.

Seroquel makes me continually recall my dreams. I have been on it for a month and I recall my dreams three or four times a week and I recall up to three or four dreams at a time. As for the dream qualities: they are similar in content but perhaps slightly more intense and emotional compared to my baseline. This is probably why I recall them - they have such a strong emotional impact. The main difference, though, is the frequency of recall and the way they "haunt" me during the day. They are like mini-shadow in my mind that I can't shake and they follows me throughout the day. The first two nights I had sweat-inducing nightmares on Seroquel - but this was just a passing side-effect.

In this way Seroquel sometimes makes it hard for me to separate dreamland from reality. (As if that wasn't hard enough for me already).

Olanzapine --> no dream recall = no feeling of having a sub-conscious mind

Seroquel --> dream recall = more frequent, more intense, more emotional and a lingering feeling of being in a dream all day

Yep, still here having Seroquel nightmares. I remember my dreams almost every night. I even have intense dreams when I take a nap. It's very disconcerting. For some reason, the most common theme is social situations. Sometimes, my dreams are actually really good, like a movie playing inside my head. Or a book. But, damn, I can't imagine life w/out my dreams. It has become such a part of me. I don't know if that is a good thing or not.

Does anyone know if you don't get enough "good" restorative sleep when you are nightmaring all night long? I often wake exhausted, even if I slept for ten hours.

Why do I have these dreams? Besides seroquel, i mean. You'd think if it was a SE it would be temp. but this has been going on for yrs.

Guest Patrick

i started on 100mg at night about a week ago and every night I too have had horrible nightmares! I'm on the med to relieve my case of extreme anxiety and the theory i have is that all of my worst and most imaginable fears are being lived every night while i sleep so that in the daytime i can breathe knowing that i've almost, in a way, been there and done that.. like i'm scaring myself back into the real world rather than continuing to live in one driven by the height of my anxiety. does this make much sense to you?? i hope it does -patrick..... poleary15@optonline.net

I have had horrid nightmares, vivid amazing dreams, and weird tracers and visuals when I first wake up. But, it helps me sleep, and it works within my cocktail...so I don't complain.

at first, when i took it for sleep, it was murderous trying to walk to the toilet in the middle of the night. bouncing off furniture, so deeply asleep that my mind couldn't get control of my body. early on it would knock me out for 10 hours or more if i let it. early on it had little effect on dreams. now that i have been using it more or less regularly it seems to be making my dreams damn unpleasant. of all the crazymeds that i have gotten prescribed, it seems to have the least punishing side effects.

Guest Lauren

Since I have started it, I have also been having the nightmares. Your description of them is scary accurate... I want to be switched to another or be taken off of it...

Guest jaxz

So horrible. I've been on it for 2 months. The dreams at first were always trippy and interesting to recall. Until... last night. I was having a nightmare or hallucination I can't tell which one because it blurred with reality sooooo much. In the dream or when I was hallucinating I was in bed waking up from a nightmare when someone started jumping on the bed... and I was paralyzed with fear because well no one was there. Then I just layed there staring at the ceiling.... I'm not liking this at all.

Guest gracie4938

I've been on Seroquel for only a few days now... started at 50, then 100 the next day, and 150 from day 3 on. I'm on day 6 roughly, and along with lowering my cymbalta, have been exposed to the most horrific and terrifying dreams i've ever had. i'm witnessing murders in these dreams, running for my life, threats to my life, etc. i've also experienced, from accounts from my boyfriend, talking in my sleep, and quite often. i talk about being paralyzed with fear. this morning i woke up and started crying because i didnt know if it was over, or if i was really awake. it's terrifying. but its good to read that i am not alone... though i will be certain to tell my dr to change my medication... immediately.