CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
mel1

Seroquel dreams/nightmares

Since this thread has gotten long, I'm just gonna reiterate what I said earlier. I had horrible nightmares and woke up exhausted, depressed, and feeling like my brain had run a triathlon. I asked my pdoc what to do since Seroquel really, really, helped my BP symptoms, and he prescribed 1 mg of Ativan with my Seroquel at bedtime. It's worked great. I fall into a deeper level of sleep, don't have the nightmares, and wake up refreshed instead of half-dead. I've been doing this for about a year and a half to two years, and I've never developed a tolerance to the Ativan. If you are having nightmares, but Seroquel is working for you in your waking life, please consider an add-on at bedtime. Doesn't have to be a benzo, but something that puts you in a better level of sleep could help.

Guest nightmares5

It's been a while since anyone posted, but i am so relieved to find this thread. I recently had the worst sexual nightmare/dream after taking 25 mg of seroquel. It has been plaguing me all week and here I am in the midst of finals trying to convince myself it was a side effect of the drug. It is so real, so vivid, that I have been crying all week at anything that brings back a memory. It seemed odd, but I didnt remember the "dream" right away. I woke up feeling fine, and actually had a lot more energy in the morning than I had before when i was on seroquel. It was so real, so plausible, and the molestation dream is haunting me so much that I cannot even love my boyfriend without being haunted. The memories drifted in over the next couple of days, I would see things around my messy room that reminded me of what had "happened" the night before. I was home alone that night and this terrifies me because I dont know if what happened was real. It seemed like how if you get black out drunk, and you remember little things in the following week. It was weird because in my dream/hallucination/ reality? the guys were making fun of me because i thought it wasn't real, and was a dream. The responses were so different and real, Is there any possibility of sleepwalking on seroquel? or having an alternate personality take over? I am diagnosed with rapid cycling bipolar disorder and used seroquel to sleep. I stopped taking it, but took it the other night because I desperately needed to get to bed without my mind racing. I remember arguing with this man, saying "no, this is a dream, this isn't real" multiple times until he told me to go back to sleep and I passed out. He said I would find out it was real later on. I remember freaking out, saying that no, it cant be, what am i going to do! I have been tortured and haunted by these memories, and im curious to the possibility of taking 25 mg of seroquel and sleepwalking/sleeptalking. I was very accurate in everything I remember alluding to my life, everything in my room was the same, and in the same spot in my dream as in reality. I am terrified that this could be real, could it? I was drugged in my dream, I remember being held down as I was freaking out and they injected me with a "sex drug" and gave me 2 pills later. It is so detailed, but in my dream I was incapacitated and unable to understand that it wasn't a dream, and that it was real as the guy was telling me. I've been so scared. There are real faces, real places, and I cannot even go home because of this horrible feeling that I get when I am there.

Guest nikki

Ever since I started taking seroquel- several months ago- I have the most vivid, long-lasting, mind-boggling, at-times disturbing, and often downright torturous. Is that normal. Does anyone have these problems. They are similar to those depictions of someone hallucinating on tv(which is never what hallucinating is really like!). I am, strangely enough, not scared during these dreams, as if I am too drugged to feel anything. But they torture me and haunt me and are so disturbing to wake up to. Weird does not begin to describe it. I wouldn't even call it nightmares, because I don't feel frightened, I feel tortured. Is it just me? Or does anyone else have this problem? mel

Guest nikki

i started taking serequel a few months ago and i noticed after a couple of weeks the dreams started becoming very vivid and increasingly disturbing. i take 100mg at night for bipolar depression and it does really help with the depression in the day, but the dreams i have at night disturb me throughout the day. even though i can not remember them, i feel they are stuck in the back of my mind. i suspect the serequel makes me remember stuff i tried all my life to block, but in a more cartoonish way so i find it less disturbing. maby thats why the weird dreams. but i cant be sure. i know i dont remember large portions of my life, but for some reason wake up really upset at night. thats why i started taking the sedative insted of a mood stabilizer. i cant be sure this is the reason why your having weird dreams though.

Someone else said it best. Technicolor type dreams, alice in wonderland crazy stuff. Kinda like what I imagine an acid trip would be like. I never touched the stuff since i already see things and believe i can see and hear spirits sometimes. Sometimes my dreams are so real and vivid i sometimes have a hard time from telling if i had already woken up or not.

Oh yeah, My name is Michelle and I am new to this place. But love it so far. I dont feel so alone now. Hello all My name is Michelle and I am Mentally Challenged.

Hrrm, I thought it was the Lexapro, but it could be the seroquel I'm on.

I seem to be able to remember all these dreams I've had lately.

The other day I had a nightmare where I was trapped under my stairs with an electrical storm going on outside, it was quite horrifying.

Last night I had one where I was fighting in front of my work with some kid I went to high school with.

I don't really let dreams disturb me though, it's more the reality that disturbs me.

Guest geri

I'd be very careful with Seroquel. I have had some problems sleeping due to stress. The Klonopin I was taking wasn't helping me anymore so my psych put me on 25 mg of Seroquel.It was horrible.

The first time I took it, i couldn't really wake up in the morning and was lethargic for 2 days. Each consecutive time I tried it, the side effects got worse.

Yes it did make me sleep but with nightmares that became increasingly disturbing. Plus my overall mood while awake was horrible. I could see the possibilities of this drug making someone suicidal.

It reduced my ability to handle the stressful situations I was experiencing and seemed to magnify my anxiety.

I know they use this drug for people with serious mental issues such as Bipolar Disorder and even though it does induce sleep, I wonder how many poor souls are dealing with the side effects of this drug?

Like i said, be careful with this stuff. It's mind altering and not in a good way.

Guest ben miller

i had a 1st night mare gore fest whatever bein chased for my life beating people to death untill i had but nubs for fingers blood every where like i was in hell. run! wake up! i cant i know i'm dreamin i can fell my heart racing and beatingHARD but cant wake myself . since then nothin but shroom-like vivid acid trip dreams vivid but no more night mares i was on 100mg now 300mg. i look farward to sleepin like adventure.

Guest megs

I have dreams like this. I am not frightened or scared but tortured and taunted. My dreams make me relive parts of my life I am trying to forget. I wake up more exhausted than when i went to bed. I am almost afraid to go to sleep now because these dreams haunt me. It's like my mind knows exactly what will bother me most and so allows my dreams to portray that. I've been on other sleeping meds but seroquel is the only one that puts me to sleep. I'm fearing that even though I sleep the effects of my dreams are going to have a greater tole on me then not sleeping at all.

Seroquel isn't supposed to give you freaky bad nightmares. In fact its supposed to help you sleep deep without dreaming too much! If you get nightmares from seroquel, its probably some kind of adverse reaction to it.

PBF

Vivid dreams are listed as a common side effect on every product information leaflet for Seroquel I've ever read and when I first started on it the pharmacist specifically mentioned it. It's the vividness of the dreams which makes them disturbing - the content is often weird and you often wake straight up from them without transitioning through a period of lighter sleep (which is why you remember them), but they aren't necessarily nightmares per se, they're more like hypnopompic hallucinations.

Because Seroquel has a short half-life, my pharmacist suggested taking it earlier in the day if the dreams became a real problem. That's an option if you don't need it in order to get to sleep. There's also an extended release version available which might help somewhat.

Make sure you mention the dreams to your prescriber. They are a well-documented side-effect of neuroleptic drugs, but very occasionally they can indicate the development of serious problems with the medication.

Guest brbttyl

I was forced to take Seroquel while hospitalized for depression. It was the worst experience of my life. I was utterly terrified to take this medication. Soon after taking the pill, I would descend into a series of uncontrollable nightmares from which it seemed there would be no end. Doctors ignored my complaints. I would snap awake in a stupor at 3am every morning and wander around like a zombie, poking, scratching, and hurting myself absent-mindedly. This drug should be a last option for anyone. The expansion of on-label uses for this med is horrifying. I feel deeply sorry for anyone who has to cope with the feeling this drug induces. I almost killed myself on it.

Guest Scott

For the first year, while taking Pexeva and Seroquel, I did have very vivid dreams! Many of those dreams were fighting dreams. I would wake up because I would end up hitting something near me so hard I would either break it or dent it. The wall near my head, for example, had several dents. The part I hated the most was the medicine practically paralyzing me physically while my brain was active. I would be awake, and imagine that I could see the devil in my room looking at me. With all of my might I would try to move or speak, but nothing. Very strange. But this is all in the past.

After a few years, the dreams subsided. I take 200mg XR, and find the XR is much better. It takes up to 2 hours before I'm sleepy, but I like the fact that i can fall asleep before the medicine really kicks in. Only through consistent habit is the medicine 100% effective. Take it the same time every night, and never miss dose. Over time, life will improve.

Guest bipolarnightmares

my dr has me on 300mg. this is my first month. my dreams are wild sometime homicidal i dont know if the pill or me. i have no sexual desire. my moods go from flat personality to being down and in a rage.

Guest v

hey mel, yes me too, everynight Ive taken them I wouldnt even call it a nightmare. Last night i was going in and out of it and was like i couldnt even wake up even though my mind was trying to move. its totally disturbing and really draining, im not going to take them anymore.

Guest v

hilarious. YES ME TOO. Last night i had a dream so vivid and disturbing, I was committing a murder and throwing these guys of a balcony like 10 stories high. Then these guys chased me came up to my building to kill me, and I mean it felt SO SO REAL, yet i was half awake and felt paralysed like aliens had frozen me, I was trying so hard to wake up. It then switched to a house disturbance and someone had gotten into my house, long story but VERY DRAINING, totally freaky and in and out of this dream, almost like I knew it was a dream but higher forces wouldnt let me out.!!!!!!!!!!!

I have taken lots of different sleeping pills benzos in my life, and consider myself to be made of steel. BUT this one tops all of them put together.

NOT GOOD!!!

Guest V

so many people experience the same thing. this drug seems to have very bad side affects with dreams and worsening depression. should be illegal

so many people experience the same thing. this drug seems to have very bad side affects with dreams and worsening depression. should be illegal

Just remember, People only post when something is wrong. If something is right there is very little reason to post.

Guest v

OMG. this is EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED TO ME. NOT SO MUCH THAT DREAM, BUT THE FEELINGS YOU DESCRIBE ARE 100%. I THINK ALIENS HAVE COME DOWN TO EARH AND PUT SOMETHING IN THEM. COS I FELT PARALYZED..... BUT LIKE SOMEONE OR SOMETHING HAD TAKEN OVER MY BODY AND MIND BUT YET I KNEW IT WAS HAPPENING. i feel like investigating this drug further...there seem to WAY TOOOOO MANY PEOPLE EXPERIENCING THIS.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WEIRD

Guest v

Just remember, People only post when something is wrong. If something is right there is very little reason to post.

this is there official website...ALARMING. and "not me". this post is seroquel nightmares, so people come here to discuss their nightmares associated with this drug. If you want to see a happy post then create one. SIMPLE

"Stop Seroquel XR or Seroquel and call your doctor right away if you have some or all of the following symptoms: high fever; stiff muscles; confusion; sweating; changes in pulse, heart rate, and blood pressure. These may be symptoms of neuroleptic malignant syndrome (NMS), a rare and serious condition that can lead to death"

I have vivid epic sometimes nightmare and sometimes dreams with sq.

At night. While I'm sleeping.

I don't have as much daytime nightmare. Not as paranoid. Not having a nightmare waking life.

I don't mind the dreams. I love waking life being calmer. It's a decent exchange.

Edited by hammock

Ha! They can have my Seroquel when they pry it out of my cold, dead hand. I love it. I have NO side effects from it that weigh more than the sanity it gives me. So stick that in your pipe and smoke it.