CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
mel1

Seroquel dreams/nightmares

Everytime ive ever taken it I have terrufying and incredibly realistuc dreams that I get stuck in until somebody elses wakes me up. It says alot about my depression at the time I kept taking it all day everyday too sleep and replace reality.

Intermittent visitor, first time poster.

I never really had dreams that I remembered until I started Seroquel.  As my dosages moved forward (capped out at 300mg/day) I found my dreams were increasingly vivid and troubling.  In one, I woke up because there was a dog on my bed (I don't have a dog), and I freaked out trying to figure out where the dog came from, only to find that my front door had been kicked open and I was robbed - the robbers took EVERYTHING - not just valuable, easy to carry stuff.  Then I woke up - again.  The dream was so vivid, I had to get up and look around my house to make sure everything was in order.  So, not really nightmares, but disturbing.

The dreams were one more reason to be happy to get off the Seroquel, as I had transitioned to Lamictal for maintenance.  Unfortunately, I'm part of the 0.7% who get heart palpitations on Lamictal (looks like the Seroquel was masking the side effect upper+downer), so we reduced my Lamictal and started me on Latuda.  At 20mg/day of Latuda, I still felt edgy and hyper-emotional so we bumped me to 40mg/day - took my first 40mg dose last night and woke up from another disturbing dream this morning.

It's almost as if it turns my greatest real life fears into terrible dreams.

Just thought I'd share.  Seroquel to Latuda - same disturbing dreams.

Yay...

i have crazzzzy dreams on seroquel xr and i always end up wakin gup with massive relief like thank god it was just a dream! disturbing as they may be, once i wake up I cannot feel anything but happy that whatever stress I was going through in my dream isnt in my life, so i do0nt mind them. they are wild though haha

im on 100mgs of seroquel and i have bad nightmares.mostly about demons coming after me.i hear people talking outside of my window or dogs barking outside my door and i have no dog.more like growling.i thought maybe it was spiritual since im a born again christian.i have many people praying for me and have not had a nightmare for 8 days but also cut back to 50 mgs.after reading the side effects from other people i am considering talking to my dr about going off of it.i dont know what would work better.im not schizophrenic but my dr gives it to me for sleep and mood stability.im scared i wont sleep but some nights i stay up for awhile because my nightmares are so bad.i dont know what else to do.one night i couldnt stop crying over this and i prayed and prayed and god has helped me.i feel like i will lose it.

Taking an atypical anti-psychotic (AAP) does not mean you are psychotic. It helps with all sorts of mental illnesses. I've taken them for mania, and for depression. There are other uses for them, too.