CrazyBoards.org

zoloft + insomnia...

Hi, Bella,

I vaguely recall that it lasted about two weeks, diminishing all the while. But, then I had horrible insomnia from the depression anyway, so I couldn't blame it entirely on the Zoloft. Celexa did the same thing. When the antidepressant effects kicked in late in the third week, the insomnia was gone. And I mean gone as in I get a good 6 - 7 hours of mostly uninterrupted sleep. That would have been poor sleep for me in my 20s, but since I'm 52, I ain't complainin'.

Greeny

Guest Vapourware

Simple question - are you taking the medication in the morning or evening? Also, try cutting down on your caffeine intake.

I seem to be one of the lucky ones so far - I started on Zoloft last night and slept very well.

technically, i take the lamictal for bipolar but now my pdoc thinks i'm not bipolar... my depression is really bad, though, so even if i am, i need more antidepressant than just lamictal...

i take the zoloft in the morning... and only have a coffee a day.

we'll see - it's only been 5 days so hopefully this will wear off!  one can only be *so* tired and dysfunctional that one's body has to cave.  right?

Guest Vapourware

If it doesn't go away after a week, you might want to ask for something to help you sleep. Maybe also cut out the single coffee.

Here's hoping your insomnia shall pass. It sucks when you are physically tired but mentally awake.

Archived