CrazyBoards.org

Many believe that schizotypal personality disorder represents mild schizophrenia. The disorder is characterized by odd forms of thinking and perceiving, and individuals with this disorder often seek isolation from others. They sometimes believe to have extra sensory ability or that unrelated events relate to them in some important way. They generally engage in eccentric behavior and have difficulty concentrating for long periods of time. Their speech is often over elaborate and difficult to follow.

-Odd or eccentric mannerisms or appearance

-Superstitious or preoccupied with paranormal phenomena

-Difficult to follow speech patterns

-Feelings of anxiety in social situations

-Suspiciousness and paranoia

-Odd beliefs or magical thinking

-Appears shy, aloof, or withdrawn to others

Here's a good book abut Schizotypal Personality Disorder:

0521454220.01.THUMBZZZ.jpg

Schizotypal Personality

"This book is devoted to examining schizotypal personality and provides a comprehensive overview of our current knowledge. It includes reviews of genetics, neurodevelopment, assessment, psychophysiology, neuropsychology, and brain imaging."

Here's some info, I hope some of it helps. If you have any specific questions, Im sure I could answer them for you.

Twitch

thanks for the information Twitch, much appreciated. How does schizotypal disorder differ from schizotypal personality disorder? I have been diagnosed with the former but dont understand how it is distinguishable from the latter, I can find no info on schizotypal disorder.  ;)

How does schizotypal disorder differ from schizotypal personality disorder?

At first on thinking about this question I though it was the same difference as OCD and Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder. But when I looked it up, there really isn't any difference at all. It's just how you say the thing. But however, there is a big difference between Schizotypal Personality Style and Schizotypal Personality Disorder. To view the dfferences, here's the perfect link...

http://www.psychpage.com/learning/library/...chizotypal.html

Hope that helps some. Goodluck! Hit me back if you have any more questions.

Twitch

• 1 year later...

Archived