1. 1. How often do you lose your keys?

• I never lose anything!
    • Almost never...
    • Every so often.
    • Once a month.
    • About once a week.
    • Every day.
    • Multiple times a day.
    • So many times a day it's become &^% a joke!

This is a spinoff from the "Dude" thread...seeing as how my keys have been missing now for three weeks...and the running joke every time we leave the house is "It's time to play "find Zon's car keys!"

Per Ido: Lost = More than five minutes, or long enough to be really annoying. I suppose a better word would be "misplaced" but, fuck it.

Well, I'm missing an "extra" key right now, but I have others stashed away. Still, it would be a good idea to replace it so I can have an extra right in my pocket.

Answering the poll is tough because you didn't say how long not finding them constitutes "lost". I think I'm up to 30 seconds or a minute today by now, which I think is probably average for me.

Recently "lost" a brand new hat for maybe a month, and found it EXACTLY WHERE IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE. I am missing a few other items but I can't remember what. Head still seems to be on top of neck, tho.

Not sure if this counts, but I've left my keys places a few times.  Like, a couple weeks ago, I left my keys inside my apartment.  I returned at 2 AM.  No keys.  Pounded on the door, called roommate's cell phone 8 times, called land line and let it ring for 5 minutes.  Went outside and threw rocks at roommate's window.  Roommate in Seroquel-induced coma.  Had to call management company and pay $60 for them to let me in. ;)

~CS

My key-losing is only a #%&@*$ joke at work, so I don't think that counts.  Then again, after this weekend, maybe I should have voted for the bottom choice. 

I think I need to duct-tape a spare under the rooftop fire escape railing. 

I think keys are like dogs..they can smell absentmindedness..I don't just lose car keys, I lose every flavor of key. When we went on vacation I lost the paddle lock key for the outside storage unit..I have a 20 year old daughter and wanted to lock up the booze..( I live in Norway so alcohol is REALLY expensive) Needless to say we were expecting guests the day after we get back. It is a mandatory tradition here that when you invite people over for dinner you round of the evening with a nice cognac..So we broke into our storage shed..The key was right there next to the booze..

edited cause I can't remember how to spell cognac...

• 4 weeks later...

I'm often tempted to buy those little tags that you can attach to things like keys, remote, cell phone, etc. and there's a unit that has a button you push (one for each tag) to make the tag beep. Like a cordless phone.

Of course it won't work when I leave the keys at the counter in a store or can't find them on my desk at work. A portable version of the home unit would be a good idea. Errr.... wait.... maybe not. I'd probably lose it.

I don't lose my keys, but I do often lose my cell phone.

Inside my apartment.

Which is only 30sq meters, dammit.

So I call my cell off my regular phone.

But my cell is always 'ringer off, pleasure-mode (vibe) on.'

So I can't hear anything, but I search through the piles of laundry, paperwork, gently spoiling food, etc. to find the vibrating phone.

Guest Vapourware

I haven't permanently lost my keys for a very long time ;) Last time I temporarily lost my keys was last month.

I always place my keys in the same place, and I make it a habit. That way I will always know where they are!

I'm in the "it's a *^%% joke" category.

My ma actually got me a remote key finder for Christmas which I couldn't figure out how to work, and then promptly lost the battery in both it and the remote which I attached to my purse.

Lost keys at work yesterday for over 15 minutes.  Looked in car, work, scratched head, and finally found then in the grass by the stairs.

My first post here and this seemed like a good safe place to jump in....

I've got a spare van key in a magentic box under my van on the inside of the wheel-well and a spare house key in the van.  That way when I lock myself out the house I can get into the van to get the house key and get back into the house.  You can buy the magnetic boxes at the auto parts store.  I can't count how many times my neighbors have seen me in my pajamas laying in the driveway to get the spare key.

Archived