CrazyBoards.org

TLE and Hypergraphia?

Okay. So. I feel better when I write. A LOT. My brother the Neuro Genius tells me this is real indicative of TLE. Or rather, not everyone with TLE has Hypergraphia, but only people with TLE have it as a symptom of their epilepsy.

I feel the most better when I do it by hand. (Insert your favorite masturbatory joke here). I have a nine-volume, 1176 page journol spanning four years, since the epliepsy ascended. I write beautiful letters, I'm told. I make my own stationary and have a wax sealer, as I consider letter wirting an art. I am the only bride in history to ENJOY writing an extensive pile of thank you notes.

I feel incredible amounts of peace writing scads of nonsense onto paper.

This happen with anyone else?

yeah... on the writing....

I do a lot of it..

and I try to find a lot of excuses to do it.

i write notes excessively, rewrite the notes, carrynotebooks to just to write... soothing cursive....  ok, the issue is that I have some motor problems...  but that just gives me more of an excuse to rewrite- cursive is smooth and nice.

and then if you look at a post I recently made in the bp board, you will see me declaring a poster to have a case of the blathering madness [a phrase I first saw used by jerod], which is felt by some to be a rather appropriate term for bipolar, and told him to look at that board.  Some of the longer posts are there, sooo many looong posts....

tle- bipolar in temporal lobes...

well, i don't know ''you make the call''

It is said bipolars can make excellant writers.

umm... I don't know if this is the same thing or not...

this could be more of a repetitive release thing.

But maybe that is what it is anyway.

blah. babbling- language... going...

aaaahhhh..

yeah.. that's typical... 

*I* will never write professionally.

~navy~

[and people are all about my thread/post... heh. nice.]

I write excessively. Some of my epilepsy (only have about 9 focal points. heh.) lives in my temporal lobes. And Ive written professionally...unlike most people who do so, I dont do the bits at a time thing, its sit down and write 30 pages all at once, one read through to edit for clarity, submit.

If that isnt the product of hypergraphia....heh...

Kassiane

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do that too, Kass...It's almost as though all this info, ideas, or whatever  has built up in my mind and I don't stop until it is all regurgitated out onto paper, or in this case, the monitor.  When I was in college I would frequently wait until just before the paper was due, often not even having a clue of the content, and then do the entire thing in a matter of hours the last night.  I write fiction as well - tons of short stories which no one but me will probably ever see, and 5 (count em) novels in various stages of progress.  My oldest almost finished novel was started in 1995.  It is nearly finished.  But each time I start to close it, I already miss the characters who've become my friends.  Is that weird or what?

Dan~

When I was in college I would frequently wait until just before the paper was due, often not even having a clue of the content, and then do the entire thing in a matter of hours the last night.Dan~

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I drove my hubby insane in college by doing this.  All my papers.  For 4 years.  All A's.  In an honors curriculum.  He busted his butt on his papers, and still got B's.  Apparently it's a big ADD trait: perfectly calm and focused in a crisis, but otherwise totally scattered.  Who knew.

Ive always written ALOT... Ive also had a lesion located on the right frontal lobe of my brain...So I know that I do have some sort of frontal lobe funkiness going on, but some of my seizure activity and some of the meds I have taken that have stopped those particular seizures...are temporal lobe epilepsy meds...

Archived