CrazyBoards.org

OCD and MAOIs

Read on the OCD Foundation's site that MAOIs have been reported to alleviate OCD symptoms, particularly in people who have issues with symmetry and panic attacks.  If you've tried, or are on, an MAOI, I'd love to hear about your experience with it. 

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, some studies have indicated MAO-Is to be more effective for OCD than anything else.  The problem is if you have comorbidities which can not be treated with MAO-Is as they interact with meds the person sitting next to you on bus is taking.

If you do MAO-Is, monotherpy is often required.

Fiona is the one to ask about the details.

The problem is if you have comorbidities which can not be treated with MAO-Is as they interact with meds the person sitting next to you on bus is taking.

If you do MAO-Is, monotherpy is often required.

I forgot about the laundry list of MAOI/meds interactions.  :::Bangs head on desk:::  Yes, now it's coming back to me...I'd have to give up my PRN sudafed and I don't know how I'd survive my allergies without it.  There are surely others I couldn't take that I'll need, or am on presently.  I think chocolate is on the dietary restrictions list...goodness knows that's a medical necessity for treatment of acute PMS attacks.

Ah well.  It was an idea.

Thanks, guys, for responding.

Archived