Lamictal

I have epilepsy and have been on 500mg of Lamictal and 400mg of Zonegran for 7 years. The combination of these drugs has stabilized my seizures; however, the side effects have left me paralyzed. I am depressed, I feel like a zombie, and I get horrible headaches. I've sought counseling and tried home remedies, but I realize that I need some kind of anti-depressant to counteract the side effects of my meds. I’ve tried Zoloft, but the main ingredient is sulfa and I’m allergic. Apparently, many medications have sulfa in them. Hence, my options are limited. In all my research – and countless doctor visits – I haven’t found an anti-depressant that will work with my pills. Any suggestions out there?

I'm not sure what the zonegram is, but I take Lamictal and Wellbutrin and the combination has been great for me, but the Wellbutrin may not be a possibility for you as a rare side effect is seizures. Definitely a pdoc question, but there are a ton of different meds to try.

I never had any luck with any of the SSRIs like Zoloft and Prozac, they turned me into a zombie. My depression manifests with feeling tired and sleeping all the time. Hope you find something that works, depression sucks.

Archived