CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
netsavy006

What's could be affecting my changing "bowel habits"?

I was just lucky that night I didn't stay at the barn. All we have there is a porta potty, it was cold, and I do NOT want to have the runs in a porta potty. That sounds like a nightmare.

That reminds me of the time I got food poisoning while on a csmping trip. I was violently ejecting everything in my body from both ends. We went home early. Being in pain and feeling sick in a tent would have been bad enough, but having to grab a flashlight and run to the kinda dirty campground bathroom all night would have been awful. And I would have shit myself a few times, too.

IBS med worked tonight.  I did take an extra one to make sure it did though.

I just took my first post-surgical dump today. This is apparently cause for celebration.

I just took my first post-surgical dump today. This is apparently cause for celebration.

Congratulations ... yes, IMO it is a cause for celebration.  I hate that part about surgery.  I can deal with the surgery, but pooping afterwards for the first time can be a nightmare.  I think it is from the morphine and anesthesia, that makes you constipated.

I just had a 12 inch (at least) long poo.

I find that incredibly satisfying.

I'm also glad that there's somewhere I can say this without getting odd looks.  :cool2:

Considering I had pellet constipation this morning, this feels great!

So last night I was having a smoke in the garage when it hit me. Unusual at 11PM as I always shit on schedule in the mornings.

But suddenly a horrendous pain ripped through my abdomen, however it wasn't accompanied by that knowledge that I would need to immediately evacuate my bowels. I found this odd, but decided to wait it out.

"I probably have to shit" I said to SO "But it feels like I could wait."

Five minutes later the terrible pain hit again and I just thought "Fuck it, I'm going to try and shit because this hurts so....hopefully that will make me feel better!"

And then I made my way to the little bathroom with no fan to cover the sounds of an awful shit.

I don't know how long I was in there, hours, days, maybe I even entered a different dimension.

I remember the pain. Oh the pain. So bad. As I began to sweat, I thought to myself "It's not coming out! IT WON'T!" and considered going to take a nap instead.

The sweating began. I thought to take off my shirt, but just couldn't do it. I thought how I wished just this once I could smoke in the house on the toilet. But so it was that I realized I'd just have to sit on the toilet and wait. The likely outcome of laying on the couch would just be laying down without shitting (hopefully) with this awful pain.

Finally, I know I'm going to actually poo. Seems like that would be a relief, right? Certainly should have been. I began to poop and it was like the whole thing had culminated in even worse pain. As I squeezed every last bit out (and holy hell was there a lot) the pain stayed.

Finally it dwindled to nothing and I emerged from the bathroom, not victorious but exhausted. I thought to take a shower.

But I really needed another cigarette after that.

(It took 30 minutes)

^^ I totally know the sweating thing ... I get nausea too with it.  It is like my intestines are in this massive spasm or something and won't do what they are supposed to do.  So everything gets stuck in there, causing you to sweat.  Then after it comes out your intestines are still in some sort of spasm.  Finally it calms down.  But I totally know what you mean and it is damn uncomfortable.  Especially when you feel like you have to throw-up also.  And it is like if you get off the toilet you know something will fly out.  So you just sit there.  Oh man, I am so sorry you went through that!

I'm sorry too! I'm also sorry that I may have giggled at you entering "a different dimension".

You have my sympathy. I too get those twisting and stabbing pains that feel like they may kill you. The hot flushes combined with the cold sweats and seeing stars. Sitting there wondering if you should yell for a bucket cause you're not sure which end is going to explode first. The hell of it all :(

Hope you're feeling a bit better now!

For what it's worth, peppermint tea is supposed to help the spasming.  Also, if you feel it's not a good idea to stop it with immodium... you could use gas-x strips to lessen the painful gas.

I'm pretty sure the pain comes from the gas and the pain is what causes the sweating.  Taken to the extreme, the pain can get severe enough to vomit.  (Been there, done that.  It was one of the more painful things I've felt)

An also less-advisable, though effective thing, is magnesium (like in epsom salt ... though they make crushable pills too) if you *really* want to get it out.  The issue with that though is that once you hit a certain amount... you will shit your pants if you're not on the toilet.

Anyway, IBS sucks.  If it's not food poisoning, I try to kill it with immodium advanced and gas-x strips now.

I take magnesium every day.  You're right about it having a laxative effect.  I developed a tolerance though, so I take it now without that happening.  I can take even more than I take now though (currently 2,000 mg/day but not all at once) if I need to, but I try not to do that.  Personally, IMO, over 2,000 mg/day is too much, but that is IMO only.  Everyone is different.

Man, this morning I was a shitting machine. I had to clean the toilet after so my roommate didn't come home and go into shock. I used half a roll of toilet paper. 

(Had to resurrect this)

Personally I'd much rather have diarrhea than be constipated.  I went through hell as a kid with constipation (it was a nightmare for most of my childhood) so I welcome diarrhea any day.  I never want to get back to where I was when younger.

I'm in hell right now.  I just ... this can't be happening again. LLQ pain/burning sensation wrapping around my back is here again.  Not from surgery yesterday either.  Nothing gets rid of this pain except time.  And that could mean any length of time.  Last time I think it was at least a month that I went through this.

I hate when you are like "omg, omfg I'm going to shit myself, and then when you get to the toilet all you do is fart.

I hate that!

I hate when you are like "omg, omfg I'm going to shit myself, and then when you get to the toilet all you do is fart.

I hate that!

OMG yes ... I hate this too!  It happens so often with me.

I am not taking Linzess (IBS med for constipation) anymore because the diarrhea is totally just out of control.  Happens all the time now.

Then one day I took a chance

Not sure if it is related to the head cold I have, but I just shit down my leg. Man, this sucks. I showered, threw out the pjs ( they were old anyways) I am finally calmed down.