CrazyBoards.org

Newbie here.

Just found the board today and I am so excited to be here among other crazies. It's kind of like AA where we call ourselves and each other drunks, but will not accept it from those outside our band of fellow sufferers. Here we may call ourselves and each other crazy, but others beware!

But not to take it lightly, I got here from Crazy Meds, the Good, the Bad and the Funny which came right after a blog entitled Your Black People Resources. (I just thought that was funny.) I hope to learn from others and to share what has worked for me -- and what hasn't. And I hoped to find others who by taking their own cocktails of meds would help me to feel a little less abnormal. And I've been needing that lately.  ;)

Hi Kathy! Welcome aboard  the SS goodship CM..Don't be too put off by the Springer title..it is anything but springer-like over there! And it is a great place to journal..As well as meet some very nice people!

Lisa(who has a sad addiction to exclaimation marks!)

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, i am a new-born baby regarding this forum scene so please be gentle with me, i tend to bruise easily ;) Anywho-i have been dx'd with many disorders and have had a long hx with this.  i thought i would finially open up to others and see if i can get out of a slump called "My Life".  the majority of the shit sandwhich i am in now started on the morning that my sister called me to let me know that our mother suddenly passed away.  ever since that fatefull day in 1997 the hole started to get bigger and bigger.  lost a marriage, 2 beutiful girls,  a new house, 2 cars, credit hx, became best friends with booze and take roughly 8 pills when i first wake up in the morning.  1) Dysthymic d/o  2)GAD with panic sx's, PTSD  3) ocd, avoident, dependant traits

besides talking with my pdoc, tdoc, social worker--i have never really opened up like this(in this type of setting) EVER!!!!

lonliness sucks ASS and I know i am not the only that is, anyone want to talk?

michael

Michael, lonliness does indeed suck ass ;) .  I am glad you have found crazyboards.  It has been a real lifeline for me.  I notice you have posted your introduction on a thread started by someone else.  I think you might want to start one of your own, maybe on the Springer Show thread?  It is the best way to keep track of your own stuff but feel free to reply to other posts of course.

Congratulations to you for opening up like this.  I think it is a really heatlhy way to deal with all that has happened.  Talking about these things (for me at least) takes away a bit of the fear and puts it all out in the open where you can then look at it and say "oh I hadn't realized how much that had been eating away at me"...or along those lines, etc.

Keep reading and posting, I am sure you will find this site as helpful as I have.  Take care, Sulu

Archived