CrazyBoards.org

;)

Hi My name is Bridgette. And, the other nite,( i think it was monday Sept.12th)I came on this site.

I am BiPolar...so the shrink says...I have been said I have major depression as well, (could u have both??). Anyway.

I just have to talk alittle bit about what the doctor put me on. Well, I have been on low doses of lamictal and Effexor XR and Ativan to help me sleep.

He upped the doses took me off of ativan(doesnt work anymore) and put me on Seroquel instead.

I had work the next day 11-9pm I was sooooo sick....OMG. First, I was sick on Monday nite...not sure if it was from Lamictal or Seraquel, but, felt "sea sick" and couldnt even write in my journal, because "writing" made me nauseaus.

I thought I was gonna die....damn anxiety!! So, I fell asleep, woke up sweating and freaking out cuz of some creepy nitemare. Fell back to sleep.

Woke up for work....couldn't get out of bed.  And, i had to make myself look all pretty cuz I work in cosmetics.....I went into work like "zombie chic", I can't believe how sick i was....so sick of being sick.

I don't know what to do....I need some help.

Thank you.....

(meds that I am on....Asacol for Ulcerative Colitis, Protonix-GERD, Aviane BC,Effexor XR 150, Lamictal 50, Seraquel 25, and Ativan.)

Oh yah....havent pooped in days....LOL...took an herbal lax w/Senna in it...hope I dont die from it.....I am nutz!!!!

Thanx,

Bridgette (105 lbs 33yrs old.....nutz)

Welcome, Bridgette  ;)

Sounds like you are really going through a rough time (to put it mildly!)

You may want to check in with your pdoc and let him know what is going on.

Wish I had more to offer, Bridgette, but I wanted to let you know that you are in the right place and being heard

Please let us know how you are doing, ok?

Spike

Spike

Thank you for being so nice.

I don't have work tomorrow, so, I am gonna try the Seraquel again, tonite. I am scared, but, I have to see what happens....maybe I just needed to sleep, which I plan on doing most of tomorrow.

I am feeling bummed out right now,going thru another divorce is not helping. But, I am sure I will get better sooner or later...right??

thanx,

Bridgette

PS.

Do u ever get nauseaus from looking at the computer or just writing in a journal....isnt that wierd??

Thank you also, Bridgette

yeah, I know that barfy feeling from trying to focus on the computer screen or writing but that's gotten alot better!

Sleep may be just what you need, Bridgette, and trying the Seroquel again may give you a better idea if it is causing these problems. 'Course, the stress you are under and lack of sleep, coupled with the med changes, can be the source, too.

I'm not a doc,, etc.. I'm just trying to let you know that sometimes it takes some patience while things get worked out.

please keep coming back and sharing, any and everything you want.

everyone here is very caring

spike

Just out of curiosity, how much Seroquel has your pdoc said to take?  For a lot of people, doses of 25mg or even less can be effective for sleep purposes.  One poster even splits her 25s in quarters.  Maybe you've been trying too high a dose.  I don't know. 

I've never been nauseated from reading or writing while stationary (except that one time when everything was moving in my head but not in life); trying to do either while moving can make me miserably ill.  I really hope your nausea subsides and the current cocktail does help. 

Divorce proceedings are enough to bum out the most well-adjusted of all non-MI people.  We even have an entire forum devoted to the deterioration and demise of relationships towards the bottom of the main page, titled "Relationships suck!"  You're welcome to post away about your experience, if you need a public place to vent. 

I've been going through some life/financial chaos myself for several months, and most of it has magically become managable within the last seven days.  I hope some similar magic sprinkles on your life.  Good luck.

He upped the doses took me off of ativan(doesnt work anymore) and put me on Seroquel instead.

I had work the next day 11-9pm I was sooooo sick....OMG. First, I was sick on Monday nite...not sure if it was from Lamictal or Seraquel, but, felt "sea sick" and couldnt even write in my journal, because "writing" made me nauseaus.

I thought I was gonna die....damn anxiety!! So, I fell asleep, woke up sweating and freaking out cuz of some creepy nitemare. Fell back to sleep.

Woke up for work....couldn't get out of bed.  And, i had to make myself look all pretty cuz I work in cosmetics.....I went into work like "zombie chic", I can't believe how sick i was....so sick of being sick.

I don't know what to do....I need some help.

Thank you.....

(meds that I am on....Asacol for Ulcerative Colitis, Protonix-GERD, Aviane BC,Effexor XR 150, Lamictal 50, Seraquel 25, and Ativan.)

Oh yah....havent pooped in days....LOL...took an herbal lax w/Senna in it...hope I dont die from it.....I am nutz!!!!

Thanx,

Bridgette (105 lbs 33yrs old.....nutz)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don't know a lot about anything other than Lamictal.  I haven't been nauseaus from it, but I am blaming it for the freaky-ass dreams I have been having recently.  Most meds list nausea as a side effect, so it could be any of them or a combination of all of them.  Sorry I wasn't more helpful.

everyone here is very caring

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cough, cough.  Um, yeah, sure.  Cough.

Sarcasm aside, we really are very nice people.  Most of the time.

Welcome!  I had terrible nausea from lamictal at first, and for a few days after every dose increase.  Constant, including whenever I worked on the computer or read.  I never thrwe up, though. 

I also had stomach pain, but then found that if I avoided certain foods I was less nauseous and got rid of the pain.  I didn't eat milk products or meat or veggies for almost a month.  Nothing but bland hot cereal or pasta, vegan margarine, fruit, soymilk and plenty of Ensure.  And green tea to avoid caffeine-withdrawal headaches. 

I was glad when it got better.  I'm at 100 now, and with the last few increases I've only had a smidgen of mania, very little nausea, and a mild backache, all for only a day or two.

I have no experience with your other meds, but surf around this board--I've seen many suggestions about seroquel and effexor.  Hang in there!

Hang in there Bridgette.  You've come to the right place.  I can sure relate to sick of being sick.  It has been a long road for me.  One thing that I can say is that little by little, I've gotten better.  I'm not well.  I'm still suffering from bad headaches and nausea sometimes as side effects.  But it sure beats depressed as fuck.  I believe my recovery has be due to good communication with my Pdoc and regular appointments with my tdoc.  Progress has been sooooo slow.  Sometimes one step forward and two steps back.  This has been a scary road for me.  I'm so grateful to the website.  Keep coming back.  We need you.

Rhonda

Thank u everyone!

I know you all are gonna yell at me, but, I havent taken the lamictal in a couple of days, the nitemares are too freaky, I completly stopped the seraquel, that knocked me out for a whole day. Maybe I will try taking the lamictal again tomorrow, its just hard to work,I can't do my job and be all light headed and shit. I have to look normal, and sell cosmetics. I am sick of having to shower. Is that terrible? I donot want to work anymore, I have no one to be pretty for.

sorry to vent, but, I have to hide how depressed i am from everyone. It suks.

Thank u for listening.

Does anyone know of anyother types of meds that Dr. can put me on for sleep? I have an appt w/him on Oct. 3rd, but, what do I do in between that time???

Sorry again for complaining.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Commencing yelling.

Lamictal no likey the screwing around.  If you don't take it in regular doses, it gets pissy.  You have to take it slow and steady.  If you don't, the risk of side effects increases and you don't want to have to stop taking it cuz you didn't follow the guidelines.  In my experience, and a lot of others around here, Lamictal's side effects are worst at the start.  At 25-75mg I had trouble with drowsiness and just general foggy-headedness.  It went away.  I am at 150mg right now and I feel more stable than I have in quite awhile.  If the side effects are causing you problems at work, is there anyway you could take some time off?  I took more than one sick day when I was having crappy side effects.  Do whatever you need to, but KEEP TAKING YOUR MEDS!  (That last one was for Kassi)

Oh yes, please please please take the meds regularly.  You have to take them continuously to get over the initial side effects.  I got wonky with dose changes at the low doses of lamictal, but it got better within a few days of each change. 

You will not get better if you don't accept treatment.

I know it's hard to relax about work--we BPs tend to be a bit over-devoted to appearing well--but it may be time to tell people that you're having some health problems, you're seeing a doctor about it, and you expect to be completely better soon.  So you may need a day or half-day off here and there for the next 3-4 weeks.

But if you get so depressed that you lose your job because you don't take your meds, what good is that?

Please reconsider.  Any psychmed has a risk of transient side effects.  Once you're up to therapeutic dose, they should go away and you're going to function well without having to pretend not to be suicidally depressed.

Please.

Archived