CrazyBoards.org

Dr. Phil sucks

pressmama

So I've seen it mentioned in other places on these boards, but I just thought I'd start a thread down here. 

He sucks!

I guess he was trying to be Howard Stern today giving away breast implants--because that's so appropriate for a "trained therapist."  He had three women on the stage and if one of the three convinced him that she "was psychologically ready for the implants" in 30 SECONDS (that's right folks, 30 seconds) ALL THREE would get the implants.  Great...and my friend thinks she needs her tonsils out and if she convinces the doctor, I get mine out too--fuck wether it's medically appropriate.  Add their reasons were the typical reasons, "I had kids and they're flat now." "I'm small chested" (and the small chested woman was short and thin too so the B cups looked just fine on her)  So of course these vanity cases are the ones getting free implants instead of women who had to get masectomies and actually come closer to the word "need."

Plus this was in an episode also dealing with bulimia so nothing like putting that out there for people who might have BDD already.

UGH!

I could bitch slap Dr. Phil for the small amount of him that I have watched.  I like Oprah, but I am wondering if she regrets adoring him now that he has sold his soul to the devil.  Trained therapist my arse.  We all know what kind of therapist he is.  The crappy one. 

I always thought that he was an assbastard.  Yelling at people, forcing your own opinion of how you think people should be and verbally abusing people is no way of approaching therapy.

Maddy.

Full of piss, vinegar and venom for Dr. Phil.

Just one reason my TV has been long neglected...  I never liked Phil, always thought he was obnoxious and unethical in his approach.  It doesn't suprise me that he's helping Oprah push her shallowification of America agenda...get everyone obsessed with their boob and waist size and maybe they won't notice how fucked up this country is.  Omigod!  Oprah must be in cohorts with the Bush admin.  That settles it. 

Ive watched a small amount of Dr. Phil. I remember once he was basically telling a person to 'get over it' (depression that is). That just doesn't work! If you have a mental illness, you can't 'just get over it', if it was that easy there would be no need for so many drugs! He's a complete moron!

• 2 weeks later...

He was kind of being a pussy...had people on both sides of the issue on and let them each present their side. He did give a public invite to Tom to come on his show and talk about the history of psychiatry...Dr. Phil seemed to disagree with Tom, but didn't actually say much.

He did give a public invite to Tom to come on his show and talk about the history of psychiatry...
Now that would be an interesting show.

My main problem with Dr. Phil is that he's a terrible therapist, but people act like he's a therapy god.  Like how everyone loved The English Patient in spite of the fact that it sucked.

My main problem with Dr. Phil is that he's a terrible therapist, but people act like he's a therapy god.  Like how everyone loved The English Patient in spite of the fact that it sucked.

There are few times I've been happier to not be part of "everyone."

On-topic, the last time Dr. Phil came to my city, I made a point of referring to him as The Antichrist in every conversation his name tainted. 

Two things that should never be said again:

Emeril Lagasse - Bam!

Dr. Phil - How is that working for you?

OK, Emiril has a lot of things he shouldn't say anymore. Maybe I'll start a thread on a cooking messageboard.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I COULD NOT AGREE MORE!

And I think it's really stupid that he wasn't more forceful on the Tom Cruise/psychiatry thing.  Certainly there are drugs overprescribed and incorrectly prescribed but that happens with any class of drugs!

ETA: I caugt one episode recently about kids and psychiatric meds.  One of the kids was on like Seroquel, Adderall, and some antidepressant I think.  It was really obvious the parents hadn't done any research on the meds and it wasn't clear that the kid should be on the meds.  They were prescribed after one short visit to a child psychiatrist where the child was diagnosed with ADHD and was begun on all three at the SAME TIME.  The parents just gave it to the kid, no questions asked.  When Dr. Phil informed them that Seroquel was an antipsychotic not approved by the FDA for use in children the mother's eyes widened and she looked like she was about to cry. I felt so bad for her.  Certainly there are kids that need to be on this many drugs and antipsychotics, but it seemed like this kid might not be one of them.

He had three women on the stage and if one of the three convinced him that she "was psychologically ready for the implants" in 30 SECONDS (that's right folks, 30 seconds) ALL THREE would get the implants.

;)

One day while watching Montel (killing time only pulleeze) He had this guy on who was addicted To PCP I think and trying to get custody of his child away from the mom.. He was twitching and his head was jerking side to side and he really freaked me out .. And Montel of course told him the way it was .. Like forget you Pal ..It aint never gonna happen.  So probably a couple of weeks later, (killing time only pulleeze) I was watching good ol" Doc Phil and Guess what ??? The PCP shaky dude was there acting normal in a difficult relationship and needing help from the PHilmeister... So you know what  it is all fake ,he is a fake,  his guests are actors, and none is true as far as I can see unless they can't find enough

real people who want money to expose themselves publicly for humiliation in front of the whole TV world by talk show hosts.  But I will say something, Phil does grate at me but my 3 stepkids are all emotionally /mentally delayed , have behavioral /mental disorders because their real mother was schizophrenic and not on any medication. No nurturing, talking, cuddling ect . But I watch Phil only when it has to do with kids. I have read many books, taken courses , been to clinics,therapists, and sometimes he does give me 1 or 2 clues . So Phil did help me once or twice in his lifetime . BUt, hey you can't solve a lifetime worth of problems in one show or we would all have him as our Doctor. Frosty

Archived