CrazyBoards.org
Sign in to follow this  
suzz

What has your pdoc said to you lately?

When I saw my pdoc today when I was mentioning my anxiety and he adjusted the Xanax he told me:

You can take the 1mg twice a day or take .5mg four times per day, as long as you are taking the medication. We will re-evaulate the situation in 2 weeks. We may have to add an antidepressant, but I don't want to rock the boat.

(I don't like the sound of adding an antidepressant because of a manic reaction I've had to 4 others already.)

Eh, my dad has people with bipolar disorder coming in to pick up half-doses and even quarter doses of Lexapro, Zoloft etc. By that, I mean half of the lowest available dose. It may work and have less chance of causing mania, but trying other options first wouldn't hurt.

In response to me telling him I was having constant and still continuing suicidal ideation: "We'll just put you back on the lithium, at a lower dose."Clearly the best course of action, because a month later I still want to die.

"You're definitely one of my more challenging patients." referring to, among other things, how I don't seem to respond to any meds.

Print out an old-school publication on counter-transference and drop it off at his/her office.

Yeah, we talked about that weeks ago. Proof:

"But that's just my countertransference."

I love my pdoc, she's the best.

Edited by tamagotchi

"wait a minute, what? you said you have what coming out of your ears?"

"Whoa, someone forgot how to shave! Are you able to sit still?"

I wasn't, and I got permission to pace! :D

"There's no point in using drugs to keep you depressed all year just to avoid two months of mania. Let's try tapering you off some meds and then treat per episode."

This may not be the approach most people use, but I have stupid responses to medications and we keep having to tap dance while hula hooping just to keep me sort of stable. I really appreciate that he is willing to try different methods with me...

"You clearly do not need to be taking an AD of any kind, they are not what you need to be stable" (after 15 years of trying a bazillion ADs)

You are psychotic and out of touch with reality. I am increasing your anti psychotic meds. Go to the hospital if things get worse. Lovely.

Me: "I miss my mom.". I said this while crying hysterically

Him: "Get used to it."

Time for a new pdoc. I can't click with this guy. I left his office in a fit of tears.

This was tdoc, not pdoc, last week: "this is the most depressed I've ever seen you"

to which pdoc (who talks to tdoc) responded: "good thing your insurance covered Abilify with no issues, because I'd like to start you on Pristiq"