CrazyBoards.org

Sign in to follow this  
suzz

What has your pdoc said to you lately?

"Are you *ever* without your phone?"

In reference to needing it in order to remember when to take my meds.

I'm not going to label that, but it was totally unnecessary.

(In response to me telling him my dad said I was smart until I was seven, then I was average. I love my doc.)

"You're just going to have to deal with intrusive thoughts and mood swings. Some people even on high doses of AAP's still get them. You have to learn to live like this." Bah!

You know, you're one of the prettiest faces that walks in here.

Congratulating me on my decision to start attempting to lose weight.

Um, ew?

Ew? He was just being nice and complimenting me on something that's been very hard for me. He wasn't being inappropriate at all--I've known him for 5 years and this is the first time he's said something non-psychiatric-related to my appearance.

Sorry if I misunderstood. I understand his complimenting you on losing weight. But I still find the "You're one of the prettiest faces that walks in here" weird. I was sexually harassed by a co-worker, and that is exactly the sort of thing he would say to me.

"It sounds like we need to raise the Lamictal...I thought the Lamictal was working!"

...and no, we didn't raise the Lamictal because I just didn't like Lamictal and so he then put me on Zyprexa.

"I'm very proud of you".

He said that because I've not been going to the hospital, I've been learning more self coping mechanisms, and have remained compliant to treatment.

"I know that the most useful thing I can do when you feel like this is just hang out with you and keep you company."

"if you think it's good now, just imagine how it will be when we're both in our 70s!"

(by "it" she meant doing therapy)

Today he looked a bit stricken and said, "Oh, no, we don't want to mess with anything right now." because he thought I meant I wanted to drop Depakote now, right when I seem to be getting some semblance of stability. I just want to think about dropping it some time in the future, and have fewer pills, side effects, yadda yadda. Of course, the hematologist may tell me I have to stop taking it right away-- I'll find out tomorrow.

"Let's raise the Wellbutrin and see what that does before we add another drug."

sigh. Raising the Wellbutrin has only ever made me more anxious, not helped with mood. But maybe it'll be different now that I'm on Abilify.

After hearing from me about my sleep eating:

"No more Ambien for you. Let's try temazepam. But no more Ambien, I had a patient who left her house to look for food and got a DUI."

Shit, a DUI?? That would not be cool, very expensive, stressful, possible loss of license.

Guest Vapourware

At my last visit, pdoc said that I was doing well, and to see him in six weeks. Oh, and we filled out some paperwork and he gave me a new dx.

""Okay, okay, I promise I WILL listen to you more from now on. We won't be talking about SSRIs when you get depressed. Here is your metformin prescription. See you in 2 weeks," heh. Or words to that effect.....

I BROKE HIM. Finally!

Anna