CrazyBoards.org

i don't know if this a known food reaction, but whenever i eat chocolate, as in block chocolate, i get these terrible terrible headaches not unlike my usual migraines but without the aura. does any one else get this? what can i do? so much for cocoa therapy...

i don't know if this a known food reaction, but whenever i eat chocolate, as in block chocolate, i get these terrible terrible headaches not unlike my usual migraines but without the aura. does any one else get this? what can i do? so much for cocoa therapy...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How is block chocolate different from chocolate-chocolate?

My dad can't tolerate chocolate at all.  We don't know what it is other than just a chemical intolerance.  He will have nightmare/walking in sleep with small amounts, the former plus headaches and nausea with medium amounts and has passed out from 4 bites of Mississippi Mud Pie.  He just completely avoids it and is fine. 

I went through a period of this too in my teen years, but I can tolerate a cookie or two now, but big old brownies just don't work still.

so i did my own little chocolate challenge. it appears to be related to the amount of cocoa in the chocolate. so my favourite of all time, 80% cocoa Lindt dark chocolate is now off the menu unless they start making it with prophylactic painkillers. or i could get off my arse and take some beforehand which kind of makes a mockery of chocolate as an antidepressant. grrrr. at least i can still have mcdonald's chocolate thickshakes which i know are diabolically bad for you but are sooooooo good when you're driving along in the car.

• 3 weeks later...

With usual strangness.

I got terrible headaches,

from chocolate.

Since starting the

head-meds,

It hasn't been a problem.

Though I don't indulge daily....

It is better than death by chocolate.

Stasis,out of step,again

Archived