CrazyBoards.org

Lamictal and Vivid Dreams

I'm slowly titrating up my dose of Lamicatal; I'm at 37.5 mg now.  I am also on 15 mg Remeron for sleep.  Unfortunately, since I started on the Lamictal, my sleep quality has been majorly diminished, back to the way it was before I started on the Remeron.  I wake up all the time, have lots of vivid dreams all night, and cannot regulate my sleep cycle for shit (going to sleep at 9 AM, waking up at 7 PM, for example).

Did any of you have vivid dreams and/or sleep problems on Lamictal?  Is this a side effect I can expect to go away after time or at higher dosages?

Well, glad to hear it's not just me, and sorry others are also having to deal with this.  I do take the med in the morning, and won't be splitting up my dose if I can help it.  Still, my sleep is just shot.  My pdoc gave me some Serax to take together with the Remeron at night to get me started on a decent schedule.  We'll see if good sleep hygiene (ahahahahahhhaaaa!!!) will help at all.

Supergwen, what dose of Lamictal are you on now?  Man, I hate the loose teeth dreams! 

Guest Llamanator

When I went up to 200mg of Lamictal, I had two of the longest, scariest, most vivid nightmares I have ever experienced in my *life.* Left me shaken and kind of queasy for a few hours afterwards. Within three days of taking it.

They've stayed weeeeeird since then, if I remember them. Lots of the teeth falling out/shattering/tooth cancer(???) ones. Especially if I don't brush my teeth or wear my retainers at night.

Before 200mg, though, they just got completely mundane, and indistinguishible from real life, which got to be problematic. I couldn't always figure out what I dreamed and what had actually happened...

Mimi

Just today I went up to 200 but I am going to take 150 am and 50 pm, because I think Ihave been crashing mood wise at night.  I am hoping it may help with the midnight panics/breakdowns that keep me up.  those blow.

The tooth one was REALLY WEIRD.  I couldn't close my mouth all the way and was in all this pain.  In all my crazy dreams, I have never had a tooth one.  Before that I was on a school bus that hijacked us to Canada.  Canada was really pretty though, so that was cool.  Last night I believe I was taking either a unicycle or a segway (those crazy standing scooter things) over this really steep bridge into NYC and was freaking out going downhill.  before that, I was sleeping in my bed at my parent's house and my sister decided to move my bed to her room while I was in it.  I had only been asleep a little while (in my dream that is) and I was all pissed off at her.  And an electrician came and installed all new tv's and radios at their house and I was mad when they gave away their big tv to a stranger instead of me because I have a tiny tv (in real life).  Most are just bizarre, but there is usually some fear thrown in.  OH and last night I dreamed I was in NYC watching a hologram of the beatles play on the west side on the water, and a young Frank sinatra was hitting on me.  Go frickin' figure.  Sorry for the hijack, thought you would want to know some examples of crazy dreams.  Or not. whatever.

Before 200mg, though, they just got completely mundane, and indistinguishible from real life, which got to be problematic. I couldn't always figure out what I dreamed and what had actually happened...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am titrating up on Lamictal also. I take it twice daily - 37.5 each + being on Depakote which doubles the dosage for me. I noticed a definate increase and more color in my dreams. Colors seem saturated. And like Mimi, I dream about mundane things a lot. I find myself looking for those new shoes or clothes that I bought only to remember that I was shopping in my dreams. I haven't found it disturbing yet but I have been avoiding scary movies and books just in case.

I take trazadone for sleep and have continued to sleep through the night. There have been a couple of days where I have slept through the entire day.

wow, i hadn't even thought of the possibility that my vivid dreams could have been from the lamictal.  i've been on it now for months, and i'd gone up to 150 mg/ day with 300 mg trileptal but now today we (my p-doc and i) decided to make some major changes.  i knew the horrible sleep and waking up several times a night was probably from the increase but i may miss my vivid dreams (last night it was my 10 year reunion and it was a fun dream.)  well, most of them anyway - some were horrible.  i can't wait to sleep through the night again...

I have taken lamictal for a couple months with no problems.  Depakote for years, made me FAT - I've already dropped 10lbs on lamictal.  Like a dumbass I decided to come off my meds as I have no insurance (tsk, tsk, I know better than that).  I've built back up to my regular dosage - 100mg daily.  I can't sleep, my legs won't stop aching, I don't know what to do, but I'm ready to cut them off at this point.  I lie awake for hours b/c of my legs, they just ache and ache and I can't keep them still or it hurts.  Anyone else?  Please tell me what you've done to help alleviate this?  Oh, and I had a dream my tooth hurt and I pulled it out.  I woke up in the morning and had to check to see if it was still there, it was so realistic.  Glad to know I'm not a nutter (other than the obvious).

I have taken lamictal for a couple months with no problems.  Depakote for years, made me FAT - I've already dropped 10lbs on lamictal.  Like a dumbass I decided to come off my meds as I have no insurance (tsk, tsk, I know better than that).  I've built back up to my regular dosage - 100mg daily.  I can't sleep, my legs won't stop aching, I don't know what to do, but I'm ready to cut them off at this point.  I lie awake for hours b/c of my legs, they just ache and ache and I can't keep them still or it hurts.  Anyone else?  Please tell me what you've done to help alleviate this?  Oh, and I had a dream my tooth hurt and I pulled it out.  I woke up in the morning and had to check to see if it was still there, it was so realistic.  Glad to know I'm not a nutter (other than the obvious).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

with me it's not my legs it's my neck muscles.  they ache all the time, but especially a couple hours after taking my lamictal and from there it gets worse and worse until i have a full-blown all-out headache that makes me want to bang my head against the wall.  and i soo wanted lamictal to work for me....

Archived