CrazyBoards.org

Just curious, but how have you all fared on WB XL and at what doses? Did it up your anxiety?

i do suffer from panic attacks with agoraphobia and took WB SR in the past, which ended the depression (OH THANK THE HEAVENS) but gave me problems with anxiety and thus one more med to take (Ativan).  i like that the depression/ideations/guilty feelings are gone and i can breathe and enjoy my family and my art again, but am struggling with agoraphobia... and i work as a waitress! Not good, and trying to assess my feelings on all this before taking my concerns to the tdoc.

I'm in my ninth month of taking WB + Zoloft.  I had some increased anxiety for the first month or two, which my pdoc labeled as hypervigilance. I was also having problems going into large stores; getting clammy, lightheaded and extra sensitive to noise and light. Fortunately, all of the anxiety stuff pretty much disappeared as the depression got better. The only remnant I have of that now is a hair trigger startle reflex.

Greeny

• 2 weeks later...

I did very well on wellbutrin and celexa, when I was on that combo.  It was a couple of years ago and I forget the doses, but that was the only thing that ever touched my depression at the time, and I don't recall it making my anxiety worse, even when I was just on wellbutrin alone. 

Just chiming in with my limited experience. 

The only remnant I have of that now is a hair trigger startle reflex.
Don't sneak up on Greeny, and no one will get hurt! ;)

Hi Dionne!

I've been on WB and Lex for about 3 years, and I recently added Atenelol to help with anxiety issues.  Atenelol is a beta blocker, not a benzo, so it's non-addictive.  MRI's and SSRI's are often prescribed together, so that might be something to consider if the anxiety and agoraphobia get worse.  Then again, the Seroquel might be enough to counter the anxiety increase with the WB.  Also, the fact that you're taking the XL variety might help as well, since you're not getting a whole load of bupropion all at once.

How long have you been on WB XL?

Keep us posted!

~CS

I take Wellbutrin SR 150 Mgs, 1 time a day in the AM.  I got very bad anxiety and panic attacks in the begining,..even when taking .25 xanax PRN.  It was just a waiting game to see what time of day the PA would strike, then waitiing for the Xanax to kick in.  Not alot of fun; however it was the best anti depressent I have ever taken.  I have never felt more normal in my life, plu it helped w/ my ADD.

What ended up working for me is just giving up fighting taking a benzo and adding XANAX XR .5mgs, once a day.  Maybe once a week I will have to take a .25 xanax PRN,..but I find this combo to be great.  By far the best mental health I have ever been in.

I added 300mg WB to my 20mg Lexapro about ten weeks ago.  Had a week of amped anxiety -- added xanax as needed.  Anxiety soon faded, and I never did suffer any insomnia.  Been feeling very good for awhile now.  I'd love to drop the Lex since I'm getting heavier every week, but I don't dare upset my brain balance, ya know?

Archived