CrazyBoards.org

Hi, I'm taking Zyprexa along with fluoxetine and Wellbutrin, and I'm a bit concerned that I may be experiencing akasthesia, which seems to increase when I go up a dosage.

I increased from 5mg to 7.5mg last night, and the plan is to try 10mg, as the 5mg no longer seemed to be helping with my depression.

When I take it, I sleep like a baby, and fall back to sleep easily if I get up during the night, but in the morning I'm really restless feeling. I don't want to get out of bed, but I can't relax and get back to sleep - I just lie there tossing and turning, changing position all the time and feeling quite anxious.

Does this sound like akasthesia? And is it side effect that's worth trying to put up with and may lessen with time? My psych says that akasthesia is pretty rare on olanzapine, but I can't get it out of my head that that's what I'm experiencing.

I experienced akasthesia on zyprexa. It was a nightmare. I couldn't sit still I had to move my muscles all the time. I was irritable, freaked out, and miserable. it took me a couple of weeks to wean off of it but at my worst point I was rocking back and forth on the floor because I was just gone physically. It sucks.

Lilie

I increased (the zyprexa) from 5mg to 7.5mg last night, and the plan is to try 10mg, as the 5mg no longer seemed to be helping with my depression (...)

(...)I don't want to get out of bed, but I can't relax and get back to sleep - I just lie there tossing and turning, changing position all the time and feeling quite anxious (...)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the same reaction - the tossing and turning, changing positions and none was confortable in bed, legs kindov jittery, muscle stiffness and incomfort.

• 1 month later...

Sounds like akathesia to me. Your psych is wrong-akathesia is fairly common. You can read it in the side effects profile put out by Lilly, the b@@tards who made zyprexa. The feeling you have in the morning sounds exactly like me. I just lie there tossing and turning too. it's like someone pulled a switch and woke me up and I am WIDE awake. Very uncomfortable feeling.

I'm on 3.1mg zyprexa--weaning off because I hate the stuff.

Hi, I'm taking Zyprexa along with fluoxetine and Wellbutrin, and I'm a bit concerned that I may be experiencing akasthesia, which seems to increase when I go up a dosage.

I increased from 5mg to 7.5mg last night, and the plan is to try 10mg, as the 5mg no longer seemed to be helping with my depression.

When I take it, I sleep like a baby, and fall back to sleep easily if I get up during the night, but in the morning I'm really restless feeling. I don't want to get out of bed, but I can't relax and get back to sleep - I just lie there tossing and turning, changing position all the time and feeling quite anxious.

Does this sound like akasthesia? And is it side effect that's worth trying to put up with and may lessen with time? My psych says that akasthesia is pretty rare on olanzapine, but I can't get it out of my head that that's what I'm experiencing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Archived