CrazyBoards.org

Huh?! WHAT?! 3ADs.

Guest needabrain

Guest needabrain

Ok so I just started Paxil. But the thing is that I'm on to other ADs as well, Trazodone and Buproprion. And he's not thinking of dropping one either. Also I've had a poor response to SSRIs in the past. I fogot that the meds I'm on is in my sig. Oh well. My current cocktail consists of 3 Ads, 1 AP, and a Benzo.

The Buproprion is wellbutrin rebranded.  Traz. is just for sleep and is pretty much useless as an AD.  As Paxil is an SSRI and Wellbutrin inhibits the reuptake of norepinephrine and dopamine, there is no overlap in function between the two.  The two do a nice job of canceling out each others side effects.  Yes, you're on 3 ADs, but they are very different meds.

I'm not sure why you're concerned with your poor response to SSRIs.  They don't work worth a damn for me, either.  They just make me even more of a sleepyhead.  You'll notice in my signature that I'm taking four anti-depressants, two of which aren't even classified as anti-depressants.  But hey, whatever works.  And if you want some sucky side effects, try a tricyclic like Vivactil!

Archived