CrazyBoards.org

kids in cages

Anyone care to weigh in on this one?  my only question is this: if the foster parents' psychiatrist REALLY recommended they keep their kids in cages, and this is an accepted practice, then why have the kids been moved to other homes?

I found this really disturbing, but the media seems to be downplaying it.

cnn.com

I don't even know what to think. 

Living and sleeping in a locked room is bad enough, but a cage?  What the FUCK?!?!?  As horrible as that is, just what would they have done in the event of a fire?  Getting one child out of a locked room is hard enough, but that many out of FUCKING CAGES?!?!?!

I can't even wrap my mind around this.  You don't treat animals like this, what the fuck makes it right to treat children like this?

GRR.

Maddy.

i really really doubt ANYONE told them to keep their kids in wooden cages without bedding, toilet facilities or escape access in case of fire.  personally, i think that while the parents are held pending trial, they should be made to sleep in cages as well.

"People are basically good and should be trusted"

People are basically superficial assholes and should not be trusted*...and the first thing I did was the math as well ;)

Great, but sceptical minds think alike?

*I should qualify this...I just watched Dr. Phil, and they had his son (who is quite handsome) dress up in a fat suit. He was shocked at how crappy he was treated. I, however, was not.

• 4 weeks later...

From what I understand, these kids were NOT foster kids. The family had adopted them from various private agencies. So...yeah, those private agencies totally missed the ball, but the state DFS/CPS wouldn't have been involved and no follow-up required. All of the kids were homeschooled so it's possible that no one really knew. It's like they fell into a black hole.

I can't imagine any good psychiatrist telling them to put the kids in cages, but there are so many bad psychiatrists, maybe one did.

I am a parent of twin boys aged four. Parenting is a gift and a huge responsibility. I have only one thing to say about those people and that is that they are EVIL!!!! I am not a religious person but I believe in good and evil and mistreating a child is evil! I am so upset! Child abuse is so common everywhere, I just don't understand it? Why do people do this? I have BP, a stressful job and battle to keep everything running every day but I would NEVER take it out on my kids!

Archived