CrazyBoards.org

Hey everyone, I'm Nyx. I'm a 20-something Chicagoan, fairly recently out of college. I've been diagnosed with GAD and MDD, and I have a side order of focal seizures and chronic migraines. Lucky me. I've only started getting treated this past summer– currently on Pristiq and Deplin, which so far have been the only meds that seemed to work with me... my system likes to overreact to things. I keep a blog over at dreamwidth if anyone cares to check out my rambles on mental health in more depth.

In my free time when I'm not busy being a lump of depressed apathy or an anxious nervous wreck, I do a lot of creative-ish things: writing, singing, sewing, metalwork, dance, baking, photography. I also have a couple pet guinea pigs who are almost as good a medicine as my antidepressants. ^^

Nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you too, Ms. Invisible. It certainly sounds like you stay busy when not depressed! I am like that too... but welcome. Take a minute to read the user agreement if you have not, and I hope you enjoy yourself here. Feel free to PM any mod/whoever with questions and whatnot, and check out blogs and chat as well when you get some free time.

Hope you enjoy your stay with us!

Anna

pets rule when it comes to mental health.

They really do. I was a little concerned at first that the responsibility might not be a great thing with my MI, but it's actually been good for me- having to take care of them helps me get out of bed on my low days, and they help me calm down when I'm feeling anxious. I'd hate to go through this without them!

Archived