CrazyBoards.org

New to board

Hello to all. I wanted to join so I wouldn't feel like a snoop reading stuff on the site. I thought I might find some helpful ideas. Maybe even some answers. I don't think I'll post much.

About me, briefly. Manic depressive (starting at age 25), 5 hospitizations (longest was 3 months early on), plus lots of riding out rough spots on my own. I get very depressed from time to time, but my big nemesis is over-the-top mania. I've taken lots of meds, but it happens anyway. I'd like to think I've done pretty well with it, all things considered. Could have done better, but that's hindsight and I think I've finally learned to emphasize the positives.

Thanks

The Emperor, bluelikejazz, olga,

Thanks very much for the welcomes. My intro was kind of stiff, but maybe I will loosen up in time. The truth is I feel a bit isolated, so maybe I'll post more than I thought! And I'd like to offer support to others when possible.

Lithium (I had one of those magical responses, at least initially, after all of the typically anti-psychotics "back in the day" had not made a dent), Seroquel as needed

I had a magical response to Lithium, too. It was truly amazing.

Yes, please, post a little more than you thought! Talking a little about the crazy can lift some of the feelings of isolation. Besides, there are good people here worth knowing who could probably benefit from some of your input.

Welcome to Crazyboards!

Stacia,

Meant to say I had been on typical (not "typically") anti-psychotics, i.e., haldol. I may post more than I thought, but I clearly need to think more than I post. Yeah, that first experience with lithium is strange if it brings you back from a long way off. But for some reason the prophylactic effect seems to have been lost. I see from your list that you're on lamictal and I may try that. Thanks and take care

Archived