CrazyBoards.org

macbook camera thing question

poe

One of the forums I frequent has a video chat and I tried it out the other day with my macbook. I used the photobooth/isight whatever it's called camera thing on my computer in the chat. Ever since then every time I've been on my laptop I've been freaking out that the people in the chat can still me even though I've left the chat and logged out of the forum. Normally when the photobooth camera is on there's a green light next to it so I know that it is on, but when I was in the video chat, the camera was on even though there was no green light or indication that it was on, which I think made me nervous. I've covered the camera thing up so no one can see me. Is this even possible or am I being OCD/ridiculous? How can I tell that it is off?

i cover it up too! im always scared that other people are watching me or other people and companies are watching me thru the camera. i think you can mainly tell its off by checking for the green light but i like to put a post-it over it just in case.

Normally when the photobooth camera is on there's a green light next to it so I know that it is on, but when I was in the video chat, the camera was on even though there was no green light or indication that it was on, which I think made me nervous.

In theory, that shouldn't even be possible unless it's broken. I don't know about other brands of computers, but in MacBooks, the LED is hard-wired into the camera circuit, so it should light up whenever there's power supplied to the camera.

Normally when the photobooth camera is on there's a green light next to it so I know that it is on, but when I was in the video chat, the camera was on even though there was no green light or indication that it was on, which I think made me nervous.

In theory, that shouldn't even be possible unless it's broken. I don't know about other brands of computers, but in MacBooks, the LED is hard-wired into the camera circuit, so it should light up whenever there's power supplied to the camera.

Well the green light normally turns on when I open up Photo Booth, but for my camera to connect to the chat Photo Booth needed to be closed therefore, no green light. And no sense of security about whether other people can see me or not.

Archived