CrazyBoards.org

technical about a photo

I took a photo today which I successfully put in my gallery.

I start writing a blog entry and I try and upload the photo and it is TOO LARGE? huh?

how do I get the photo in my blog

what do I do?

and another point, when i start a blog and save it as a draft then where does it go?

They seem to disappear and when i come back to it I have to rewrite it anew

thanks, Ladybug

For the first, try using an image program like microsoft photo manager to shrink the image. If you don't have any programs that can, you can upload to photobucket and shrink them there before you put them in. I find that if I resize to about 35% everything works just fine.

For the other, they stay saved in your blog, but they don't show up in the blog roll (list of entries on the blog page). Go directly to YOUR blog where all your entries are listed and it should be there.

For the first, try using an image program like microsoft photo manager to shrink the image. If you don't have any programs that can, you can upload to photobucket and shrink them there before you put them in. I find that if I resize to about 35% everything works just fine.

For the other, they stay saved in your blog, but they don't show up in the blog roll (list of entries on the blog page). Go directly to YOUR blog where all your entries are listed and it should be there.

thanks for replying, go to photo bucket (I had an account) and upload and shrink it and then somehow down load it into my gallery and then upload into my file?

jesus

how much do I want this photo of this bridge, open and on end?

Well, if you upload it to photobucket, you can directly paste it into your blog from there, if you just want it in your blog. If you need to have it in your gallery too, yeah, it's a bit of a pain.

Maybe there's a simpler way I don't know, but that's what I do :)

Well, if you upload it to photobucket, you can directly paste it into your blog from there, if you just want it in your blog. If you need to have it in your gallery too, yeah, it's a bit of a pain.

Maybe there's a simpler way I don't know, but that's what I do :)

paste as in cut and paste? do I need to copy one of those codes? img or html or oh gawd

i wanted to say that i am too old for this but if olga and indigo can do this i can

i think they both gave me direction on how to do this

need to check

thanks tryp, and my hat is off to you for your friggin relentless pursuit of dbt

the entire time i have been on this board you have been trying to get dbt

There are two options to insert your image.

Option 1.

Compose your message as normal. Put your cursor where you wish the image to appear. Above the dialogue box you will see buttons aplenty, eg. B, I, U etc. See the button that looks like a tiny framed pictute? Click that. It brings up a little box in which you enter the address for your image. That may look something like this (depending on your own personal preferences for naming your picture files, of course)

http://www.mywebsite.com/images/dinner.jpg

where "http://www.mywebsite.com/images/dinner.jpg" is the hyperlink pointing to the image

Option 2. When composing your message simply type in the address for the image surrounded by the image tags. For example type

[img=http://www.example/insert/your/image/address/here.jpg] 

...then Olga's

I've got my own easy peasy method. I put the pictures on Photo bucket.

Next to the picture (or below it) you will see the various codes. If you click on "IMG code," it will say "Copied."

Then you come here and start writing your entry. When you're ready to insert the photo, click on your "Command" key and the letter "V".

... ...

I don't use the insertion buttons up above---I don't know why.

Guest Vapourware

If you upload to image bucket, they would give you a code for the image that would look something like this:

http://blahblahblah.jpg

So you'd insert that into your blog entry. Something like:

insert code here

For resizing, I like to use VSO Image Resizer. It's free and it's easy to use. Then you can upload the resized image into the gallery and link it from the gallery to your blog entry.

ok, I have the pictures into photo bucket, and I resized them, and played with all those special effects.

Now I have to get them out of photo bucket.

I am going to get some dinner. This is exhausting.

Thanks Vapour, I will come back to this.

Thanks for pulling up Olga's technique. That insert a V thing sounds promising.

Archived