CrazyBoards.org

chad from customer service will be the death of me.

allll happy that i got a new phone and stuff, went to go activate my phone, AND THEN THEY PUT ME ON THE LINE WITH THIS "CHAD" CHARACTER. why don't phone companies understand that i am too nervous and asocial to give chad my first and last name no matter how sincerely he thanks me for calling. i'd rather stay on the line silently with the machine, pushing numbers. oh how i long for a time when sales people, cashiers, customer service people named chad, and really just strangers in general, don't make me want to cry from nervousness when they talk to me. as tweek from south park so eloquently put it, "TOO MUCH PRESSURE!"

just my daily dose of rambling.

I am so the opposite. I can have a swearing, screaming shit fit punching buttons, finally do 0 0 0 over and over until I have an actual human being. I feel more in control with an actual person.

Heh, yeah. This.

Owlkid, that just hasta suck. Did you manage to get your phone activated?

nope, phone's still out of commission for the time being, until i work up the courage to call them back without panicking and hanging up on them again. the machine voice is so soothing, and pressing buttons is way easier than talking to a human for me. unless it's those machine things where you have to talk into the phone but they suck at deciphering what you're saying. those get me ridiculously angry.

I don't mind pushing numbers as long as pushing numbers will actually DO something. But if I'm pushing numbers and I still have to wait 15 minutes to talk to someone and they ask me for all of the information i just fucking entered into the phone... :wall: yeah I get a little annoyed.

I hope you get the courage to talk with Chad again. Pretend he's a cartoon character like foamy the squirrel (watch the tech support vids) and maybe that'll help you. *shrug*

nope, phone's still out of commission for the time being, until i work up the courage to call them back without panicking and hanging up on them again. the machine voice is so soothing, and pressing buttons is way easier than talking to a human for me. unless it's those machine things where you have to talk into the phone but they suck at deciphering what you're saying. those get me ridiculously angry.

Sometimes it helps to be prepared. I'm guessing that this would be a fairly short call. Do you have an idea what the questions will be and what info you have to provide?

I don't know how you're going to get your phone activated without telling them your name, and whatever other info.

Could you maybe do it online? Or go back to the phone store, and get them to do it for you?

I hate pushing numbers for automated systems even more than I hate talking to customer service people. But really, I like best to do almost all of that stuff online.

I HATE TALKING TO INSURANCE COMPANIES AS PROVIDER OR PATIENT. And insurance companies in general.

But yeah, suggestiosn are good, and unless you ordered the phone on line, go get it activated at store. Or write down info you need and get a pal to do it for you.

Anna

Archived