CrazyBoards.org

Based on the comparison chart posted off this site ( http://www.crazyboards.org/forums/index.php/topic/41163-comparison-chart-of-atypicals/ ), it states that the 1/2 life of Clozaril is 12 hours. I'm familiar with what 1/2 life is (how long it takes for 1/2 of the medication to be washed out).

So for example let's say person A takes Clozaril 300mg but all at bedtime, 12 hours after there will only be 150mg left in the blood, and then by next dose only 75mg, if I'm calculating correctly.

Now person B will take the same amount but in divided doses so he takes 200mg at bedtime, so 12 hours later he now has only 100mg but takes another 100mg so that will be 200mg, and then later will only have 100mg again by the next dose.

My question becomes, how come there are some people who are able to handle only having to take it all at night and do ok the entire day and other people need to take divided doses to do ok? (since the 1/2 life situation is different in each situation)

I really don't know the purpose of asking this. I know I won't win the $1 million, but I just wonder how some can get away with nighttime dosing (person A) and someone like me needs to take divided doses (person B).

Because everyone is a unique, special snowflake and has different tolerances and responds differently.

Mr. A is baking chocolate chip cookies right now. Do you bake? YOu should look up on line how to bake some cookeies and take some to your uncle. Instead of THIS.

Anna

Based on the comparison chart posted off this site ( http://www.crazyboar...t-of-atypicals/ ), it states that the 1/2 life of Clozaril is 12 hours. I'm familiar with what 1/2 life is (how long it takes for 1/2 of the medication to be washed out).

So for example let's say person A takes Clozaril 300mg but all at bedtime, 12 hours after there will only be 150mg left in the blood, and then by next dose only 75mg, if I'm calculating correctly.

Now person B will take the same amount but in divided doses so he takes 200mg at bedtime, so 12 hours later he now has only 100mg but takes another 100mg so that will be 200mg, and then later will only have 100mg again by the next dose.

My question becomes, how come there are some people who are able to handle only having to take it all at night and do ok the entire day and other people need to take divided doses to do ok? (since the 1/2 life situation is different in each situation)

I really don't know the purpose of asking this. I know I won't win the $1 million, but I just wonder how some can get away with nighttime dosing (person A) and someone like me needs to take divided doses (person B).

Andy, maybe it would be best to give thought as to why you posted this question. You know that different people respond differently to meds, that MIs are not exactly the same, and the different bodies metabolize differently. So, I don't think getting an answer to your question is not the reason why you asked it. Can you think of reasons why you are starting to post a lot? This is something I think you need to learn to think through. That you do this is telling you something.

Because I think you need to be distracted from obsessing on here and should look up a very easy baking recipie ONLINE since you know how to do that and try to follow it and visit your uncle. And be distracted and learn a life skill all at the same time instead of obsessing on your meds.

That is what I am getting at.

Anna

Archived