CrazyBoards.org

Starting to slip away....

So I found myself feeling very apathetic yesterday. I just sat and stared at the computer. going from site to site for a few hours.

Then I finally managed to force out some tears, which went from a few tears to a full out bawling. Which aside from the headache I got was somewhat of a relief.

But I'm slipping into that place where I don't care about anything and might end up just lying in front of the tv until I go to bed. I know this doesn't help things, but I've found my usual tactics for fighting depression are either not there or ineffective.

It seems only the meds ever help me anymore. It's like the meds help and I feel ok, or they don't and I'm depressed regardless of what I do.

In any case I wish I could just fall asleep and dream forever. I hate waking up.

Sorry to hear that.

Not going to do false cheer or competitive comparative depression.

It ain't fun, but please don't get down on yourself for how you are.... that's an unnecessary extra load.

And sleep can be very good.

Any help I can give here?

I can do serious, silly, dark humour... whatever.

I was going to join the Apathetic society, but I couldn't be bothered.

Chris.

Sorry to hear that.

Not going to do false cheer or competitive comparative depression.

It ain't fun, but please don't get down on yourself for how you are.... that's an unnecessary extra load.

And sleep can be very good.

Any help I can give here?

I can do serious, silly, dark humour... whatever.

Chris.

:)

So I found myself feeling very apathetic yesterday. I just sat and stared at the computer. going from site to site for a few hours.

Then I finally managed to force out some tears, which went from a few tears to a full out bawling. Which aside from the headache I got was somewhat of a relief.

But I'm slipping into that place where I don't care about anything and might end up just lying in front of the tv until I go to bed. I know this doesn't help things, but I've found my usual tactics for fighting depression are either not there or ineffective.

It seems only the meds ever help me anymore. It's like the meds help and I feel ok, or they don't and I'm depressed regardless of what I do.

In any case I wish I could just fall asleep and dream forever. I hate waking up.

Hi Brian! I know what you're talking about because I'm fightin the same thing - depression + sever apathy. I'm new here so I don't know what meds you are taking, but if they do provide some help, don't be afraid that only the meds help you. I'm the same way. I used to look for a cure for my depression everywhere - maybe a new drug, a herb or a supplement would fix it. But nothing ever did. I gained some relief when I accepted that my depression was a part of me and that I must treat it as a chronic illness the same as diabetics treat their illnesses. But in any event, I'm still looking for relief because my meds aren't helping anymore. My best advice to you is to tell your pdoc (if you have one, if you don't then get one) how you are feeling. S/he can adjust your meds so you feel better.

Chris.

:)

"Is the main problem facing this country ignorance, or apathy?"

"I don't know and I don't care."

Humour is definitely a resource.

Oher things I've used:

doses of sheer bloody-minded will even if that starts to look like a civil war situation, and feels like I'm kicking myself along like a reluctant donkey.

At such moments I locate "I" principally in my conscious mind, and to hell with feelings, mood etc.

Not something that can be kept up all day every day. but it can give little accomplishments.

"Butterflying": doing tiny amounts of one thing and switching to something else as soon as it starts to hurt or pall. Vacuum half a room, answer one e-mail, curl-up under the duvet. After emerging, (whenever), a tiny piece of model-making, or ironing , or letter opening... switching to bejeweled on the computer or or watching a repeat of scrap-heap challenge... as necessary.

But that's me. And they were part-patches not major fixes. And my meds are doing me fairly well at present, though I wouldn't be capable of full-time work.

Chris.

Archived