CrazyBoards.org

U_R, do you have a therapist? This would be a good topic for therapy. I'm left wondering if it is depressed feelings that you like or if it is something else that occurs with your depression that you like. I think there is a lot to mine, but I also think therapy would be the most productive place to do so.

I don't think so. Hating your depression seems to just make things worse. My therapist always says don't get depressed about being depressed. So if you're not then that's good.

I see what you mean. Thank you for your contribution. :)

U_R, do you have a therapist? This would be a good topic for therapy. I'm left wondering if it is depressed feelings that you like or if it is something else that occurs with your depression that you like. I think there is a lot to mine, but I also think therapy would be the most productive place to do so.

I'm currently in the process of finding a new therapist. Also, I neglected to include that my periods of depression are not without immense creativity that always comes along for the ride.

Is it that you like feeling depressed or that you've gotten used to feeling that way so you're sort of resigned to the fact that this is the way it is. Sort of like this is the way life has been for so long that you don't expect any different.

I genuinely like it. However, not as a whole. A part of me does. Actually, it's the majority. The portion remaining abhors it.

I haven't had a major episode in quite some time. But, this past week, I've found myself reminiscing about previous incidents and, I guess, missing them (or something that came along - perhaps creativity, among other things).

Guest Vapourware

How would you describe your depressions, and what parts of your depression do you like? I'm just trying to make a bit more sense of this. You mentioned creativity for instance, what do you mean by that?

I am creative in depression, too, only it's pretty dark work.

Reminiscing wistfully about prior depressive episodes sounds more like the start of another one than simple positive recall. Liking in remembrance also is different than liking the lived state. Are you actually depressed to much degree, or are you talking about how your feel about recalling the past?

When I'm not depressed, I am still pretty apathetic and somewhat detached. But, when I'm depressed I just don't give a fuck. I'll cut myself off from the outside (everything outside my room) world. Apathy and detachment are at 100%. Drawing and photo-manipulation are hobbies of mine. I've found that most of my best were started and completed while I was in a depression. I stop other work and just put all time into getting whatever I need to get out, out. So, I'll take it out in writing, art work, or just spend time in deep thought. That, I like.

I can't find any of that emotion when I'm not depressed. Well, I can, but it's very uncommon.

I'm taking a life drawing class, now. I'm finding it difficult to get started with anything. So I've been thinking about my past episodes and how much I accomplished, in terms of creative output.

There's also this one weird thing. It is this subtle sense of euphoria I feel, while depressed.

I don't want you guys to think i'm planning on ruining my life to achieve these feelings. I'm actually trying to do the exact opposite, and these perks of my depressions, while they may be nice, are not going to help me get my life under control. This is definitely something to bring up to my new therapist.

Archived